The feast companions

Out of the 21 Feast companions- the Firebrand/Missionary whom will you choose? I will take the spy and the Diplomat on Maria and the Urchin Gunner on Rysiek.[li]

Urchin Gunner? You mean the Canny Costermonger, surely?

Yes. I forgot the name but the sprite is the same as the Longshanks Gunner I got in Sunless Sea as an urchin.[li]

I will start with getting the Acquaintance of the Captivating Princess. Then, I will get all of the Non-Fate companions. Especially the Canny costermonger, because she is cute. I have a monkey ready to trade in for the Pentacost Ape. I also want Lettice the Mercy, because she looks cool. Maybe the stiff-backed young lady, too.

I want all of them! Well, other than the two I am locked out of, anyway. Guess I’ll be grinding and spending fate like crazy.

Though my desire to get as many companions as possible is conflicting with my RPing in this case, as my character has come to dislike the Revolutionary Firebrand, the Gentleman of Undisclosed Business, the Highly Educated Gentleman, and both devils, so it’s going to be quite tough to come up with an in-game justification for why he’s suddenly okay with hooking up with these unsavory characters :P

Maybe I’ll just make him get REALLY drunk :P

[quote=Kukapetal]I want all of them! Well, other than the two I am locked out of, anyway. Guess I’ll be grinding and spending fate like crazy.

Though my desire to get as many companions as possible is conflicting with my RPing in this case, as my character has come to dislike the Revolutionary Firebrand, the Gentleman of Undisclosed Business, the Highly Educated Gentleman, and both devils, so it’s going to be quite tough to come up with an in-game justification for why he’s suddenly okay with hooking up with these unsavory characters :P

Maybe I’ll just make him get REALLY drunk :P[/quote]
Maybe he used the pretense of friendship to capture them and keep them locked up in his basement.
edited by th8827 on 2/6/2016

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”

I need Lettice and then I can wife her up along with the pirate poet (or at least pretend to because FBG didn’t make it possible to marry the two sexiest characters :(). I’m mostly in the Feast this year for the Fate BDR items.

Haha! I love the suggestions!

Although the basement might get quite crowded, and I’m not sure I want them all down there conspiring together. Might be wiser to keep them all apart. But hey, there’s always the attic, the crawlspace, the boarded up back bedroom, the shed out back by the latrine, etc.

Think I’ll keep Mr. Educated Jerkface in that last one, since I hate him the most :P

Damn! I almost forgot tje stiff backed young lady! That is the char Rysiek would MOST appreciate (and keep the gentleman of undisclosed buisness one mile and six feet underground)[li]

Last year I got the Last Constable, this year I definitely want Acquaintance with the Captivating Princess! The Costermonger and the Pirate Poet only cost 3 Masquing each, so that should probably work too. If I get any Masquing beyond that, I’ll just turn it in for Stolen Kisses; I’m not gonna buy any Fate this year. I recently found the Nadir and sent both the Firebrand and Missionary to Hell (or wherever), so they’re gone anyway (and good riddance)…
edited by phryne on 2/6/2016

Are any of the companions recommended to have? Do they unlock new options or have nice stats? Or are they more of a collector’s item?

The Presbyterian Diplomat and Lettice give additional MW on their Salon Options compared to if you don’t own them.

The Firebrand/Missionary are the best-in-class non-profession Persuasive companions.

While not a companion, Acquaintance: Captivating Princess is nice to have, and unlocks something really good, I think.

Other than that, nothing really stands out, besides wanting to own a specific character for RP reasons. I recommend the Canny Coastermonger, because she is cute.
edited by th8827 on 2/7/2016

The fate unlocked are all cheap, quality gear but otherwise worthless. But some are good gear, including a (+7 x and +5 y), all of which are near the endgame gear, but a little short. In fact, i believe many of them are the top fate-unlocked companions for persuasive. (given how little effort it takes to get them, you certainly should get some while the chance is there.)

The drownie poet can give a rare-but-possible-to-get elsewhere quality. (PtPT:drownies)

Letty the mercy offers aquaintance: the mercies and a new option on the salon.

That’s all i know.

You can also get Acquaintance: The Mercies by gambling Broken Giant on the Tomb Colonist card.
[li]

You can also get Acquaintance: The Mercies by gambling Broken Giant on the Tomb Colonist card.
[li][/quote]
I knew that, but just thought it was worth mentioning that it did save some trouble to get it. Generally not worth it for that alone, though.
[/li]
edited by Grenem on 2/7/2016

My alt has two Costermonger companions, because I almost never spend Fate on her and she had the non-Fate items already. Not that having twin Costermongers will ever get me anything…