The Failbetter Games Podcast Thread!

I went to comment on the latest Failbetter Podcast on YouTube, and then I realised - wait, we have a forum! So here’s a thread to discuss the lovely FBG Podcasts, which you can watch on the Failbetter YouTube channel.

I’ve just been watching Episode 6, Part 1 - Liam and Hannah are discussing the change in Sunless Skies from Sunless Sea’s simple 0-100 Terror system to a twofold system. The idea is that hitting 100 will, rather than triggering a possible Game Over, push up a Fallen London-style menace counter. Terror will be easier to reduce than in Sunless Sea, but this new counter will be more difficult - but, it may itself unlock new content, and possibly even change the legacy you leave to future captains. Interesting stuff!

looking foreward to this mysterious ‘clockwork sun’ THAT IS TOTALLY NOT THE DAWN MACHINE

definitely not the dawn machine. london won the war. everything is fine. continue on. all will be well.

[color=#6666ff]Join us on Twitch for the latest FBG Podcast today at 16:00GMT with our Art Director and CEO @misterarendt where we’ll be discussing our new proc gen system as outlined in our latest development blog.[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Hope to see you all there with a bunch of questions for us!
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]P.S. Apologies for hijacking your thread Sir Frederick, but there’s no point in reinventing the wheel and we might as well put this thread to good use [/color];)

[color=#6666ff]We’ll be showcasing the new trade system on our next FBG Podcast, which will be at 16:00 GMT tomorrow, Wednesday 29th November (so our Narrative Director Chris can show everyone the ropes). [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Hope to see you there![/color]

[color=#6666ff]Sadly our FBG Podcast about trade with Chris has been postponed due to some unforeseen circumstances. We are hoping to reschedule for Wednesday 6th December at 16:00 GMT.[/color]

[color=#6666ff]Join us for our FBG Podcast about trade with Chris today, Wednesday 6th December, at 16:00 GMT.[/color]
edited by FailbetterFuzz on 12/7/2017

[color=#6666ff]Here’s a link to today’s podcast, our first with live streaming. Check out our new trade system: Prospects and Bargains.[/color]

At the end of the Sprint 29 - Tektite it said that there would be a podcast today - is it still happening?

I haven’t seen any other mention of it anywhere

No sooner than I post they announce it on Twitter :)

[color=#cc0099]It was a bit touch and go on that particular podcast whether or not we’d have the tech we needed to run it! [/color]

It was a good podcast - I’m pleased that you managed to run it.

[color=#6666ff]Heads up folks, the next Podcast will be on Friday 2nd February. [/color]

[color=#6666ff]Update: we’ve moved the podcast from this coming Friday to the following week on Tuesday 6th February to celebrate Sunless Sea’s 3rd birthday. See you then.[/color]

[color=#cc0099]Hello! We’re trying something new with our next FBG Podcast for the ROLEPLAY update.

Join us on FuzzyFreak’s Twitch channel as she tries out our latest build. Throughout the stream (which she’s said could last more than SIX hours!) she’ll be joined via voice chat by Chris, Paul, Barry and James. You also may find some other FBG’ers in the Twitch chat as well!

Hope to see you there this Friday 8th June at 13:00 BST![/color]
[color=#cc0099]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color=#cc0099]UPDATE 11 JUNE 2018[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]And if you couldn’t make the live podcast, it can be found on her Twitch channel in all its 6+ hour glory: [/color][color=#cc0099]Twitch
edited by Absintheuse on 6/11/2018