The Eye, below [spoilers?]

So. Has anyone else visited the Eye in their zubmarine? And if you have, do you have any clue what just happened?

I haven’t but I can imagine that terror will skyrocket.

I haven’t even found it yet! Discovered a giant mouth, though. Does it need to be triggered by a story event?

Surprisingly, no. I got a terror gain for zailing over it but it didn’t have the terror aura for being above the waves.

The Eye is a generic tile that appears in the southeast &quotpurple&quot tileset. Each new map (ie for new captains) has maybe a 20% chance of having it. Other generic tiles for that location include the ware reefs, volcanic islands, and mushrooms.

Got into the Eye the other day. That was…some rather intense backstory on the Liberation of the Night, and maybe even its initiator, if I had to guess.

Is there anything similar at the Dawn Machine? I tried going there earlier, but I already had high Terror before arriving, and my crew mutinied before I could get close enough to see if anything triggered…

That place is unexpectedly terrifying underwater… The nearby Dawn Fluke was cool, though.

[quote=th8827]Is there anything similar at the Dawn Machine? I tried going there earlier, but I already had high Terror before arriving, and my crew mutinied before I could get close enough to see if anything triggered…

That place is unexpectedly terrifying underwater… The nearby Dawn Fluke was cool, though.[/quote]

I got to the Dawn Machine underwater with low terror. The only thing that happened was that i got about 50 terror per second and my run ended because of my crazed crew.

[quote=th8827]Is there anything similar at the Dawn Machine? I tried going there earlier, but I already had high Terror before arriving, and my crew mutinied before I could get close enough to see if anything triggered…

That place is unexpectedly terrifying underwater… The nearby Dawn Fluke was cool, though.[/quote]

I love the incredibly reliable Dawn Fluke hunting. I also got blindsided by the ‘under the Dawn Machine’ terror explosion. Was cruising on my way to grab the Western Stigma (for no real reason), and just as I was surfacing in the corner I got hit with a max terror event (a uniquely underwater one this time). I made the check, but only had about a second to wonder where all this terror came from before I went off the map and had to immediately deal with a second mutiny.

I found the eye very late into my game. I was pretty surprised, because it wasn’t visible from the surface at all, so I must have passed right over it quite a bit and despite diving all the time, never quite done it in that specific area before.

Regarding what went on inside it…did I just have a run in with a crazed, omnicidal Judgement? As for the peculiar anatomical addition I left with, I’m a bit impressed/confused as to how that worked, since I’m pretty sure I had ‘clarity of the skin’ by that point.

Well, the newest Exceptional Season conclusion seems pretty relevant, with even some similar wording. Also, I just remembered the final answer of the Mysteries…

Yeah, that story seems exceptionally relevant.

Anyone up for calling this mysterious new entity &quotThe Black&quot?