The Event of the Year!

anyone here choose to go with the 10000x Organizing a Wedding option? I really thought about doing it (greatest wedding ever. yay), but now I feel like I could get an Übergoat first.

Yes! My alt did it, and it was a lot of fun though a lot of grinding. Bear in mind that if you grind for an Ubergoat, you grind alone, but you can switch on the grinding for a big Wedding with your partner.

[quote=Catherine Raymond] if you grind for an Ubergoat, you grind alone[/quote]I need this on a plaque.

I’ve done it, and found it to be very worth it, though I wouldn’t recommend doing so unless your partner was on board as well.

The most efficient sources of Organising are by far Church connections and rats, the latter being much easier to grind. I’m slowly working with a friend on having seven top-tier weddings - I calculated that with my max dangerous and good gear, being a Ratcatcher will make it about four weeks of solo grinding for the 500,000 rats for one wedding. Like I said, I’m working on this slowly. (I wonder what difference Flint overclocking my Dangerous would make…)

Rats and church are at least twice as profitable as other objects in the wedding process: otherwise it’s a straight 1 echo : 1 planning relationship. You can use more expensive items to take less time and actions (poof, two of my three Tears) but it doesn’t decrease the cost of the items you use.

So yes, wedding or Overgoat? I fact picked up my goat about three weeks after my wedding but I also am a complusive hoarder and my fiancé is well… (How do I put this politely. I honestly meant to say…) well…provisioned. That said, you might enjoy reading the text for using the other wedding objects though, even if it’s less efficient. It’s what makes this grind better.

You should also change over to Ratcatcher as it preserves your Society connection: appearently, earning an honest living isn’t a problem, but moonlighting as a Ratcatcher is disapproved. For the profession change, you’ll need 3 Docks Favours, cash, and their Card (so either draw the Docks card several times or find another Favour source for Docks).

It’s also worth checking if weddings are reimplemented yet - they had gone out with Moods before the iOS release. Sir Joseph and I may have broken them in the process…

Lastly, I had started an engagement list after getting wed:
community.failbettergames.com/topic21994-engagement-and-weddings.aspx
(Edit - corrected requirements for rat catcher)
edited by Parelle on 5/13/2016

It really depends on how you play and how you see the grind. If you or your friend are into, say, experiencing everything including the NPC spouses or trying out divorces, you might be better off not getting the Letter. Or if they think the money grinded are better off spent on actually playing other stories or buying equipments. Or if they want an Ubergoat for themselves.

Do you lose the letter when you divorce, then?

Do you lose the letter when you divorce, then?[/quote]

Yes, you lose it when you divorce.

The Wiki notes that it’s unknown if you lose the letter through a mutual divorce. It’s only recorded for forcing a divorce as a PoSI.

Fantastically expensive to test… That may be what alts are for, but 10,000 Organizing is still a lot of grinding.

oh, fantastic! I guess I’ll go through with it when they reimplement weddings.

I had not noticed both characters could provide for the wedding, that will surely make it easier.

thanks everyone. back to being a rat-catcher then. right when I got the monster-hunter position…

edit: the whole losing the letter won’t be a problem. I already married a NPC before, and I’ll be now marrying my alt, so I’ll be fine.

(as a side-note, I have the worst timing. I got the magnificent diamond to make a grand proposal literally three hours after they announced that weddings were off for now, and now I got monster-hunter two days before finding out I should go with rat-catcher)
edited by ochrasy on 5/13/2016

Oh, it’s highly unlikely that you keep the letter.

I’m who added the losing of the letter, there’s a MUST storylet that kicks in with 1 x A Letter from the Empress and 0 x Espoused to, the mutual doesn’t do anything special to avoid the MUST conditions, so you’d end up losing the letter under those conditions too. I mean, test if you want, we don’t know what happens if you willing give up the letter, so even if the MUST storylet still kicks in it won’t be a complete loss.

Ahh. Now note here that tears of the bazaar are err…quick but expensive to use for weddings. And if you’re a monster hunter, I suppose you could turn plated seals into cellars of wine, cellars into ariag and that into tears…? Not saying it’s profitable, perhaps. Just away to do things? And the Monster Hunter’s bonus is good for rat catching if you don’t mind taking the Society loss.

It would definitely be more efficient to use the Cellars of Wine or Airag directly as you wouldn’t have to deal with the atrocious Airag to Tears conversion rate. Many profession payments can be used though, yes.

And what do you mean by the Monster-Hunter’s bonus being good for rat-catching? The non-profession rat-catching option gives Dangerous4+10 rats each time plus the Society loss, while the professional option gives Dangerous.42+20 rats. Therefore the additional six Dangerous from the Notched Bone Harpoon has a lower impact than the higher flat rate of rat gain, even ignoring better Dangerous weapons up to Cantigaster Venom’s +12 Dangerous and the Waxwail Knife’s +20.

[quote=Optimatum]It would definitely be more efficient to use the Cellars of Wine or Airag directly as you wouldn’t have to deal with the atrocious Airag to Tears conversion rate. Many profession payments can be used though, yes.

And what do you mean by the Monster-Hunter’s bonus being good for rat-catching? The non-profession rat-catching option gives Dangerous4+10 rats each time plus the Society loss, while the professional option gives Dangerous.42+20 rats. Therefore the additional six Dangerous from the Notched Bone Harpoon has a lower impact than the higher flat rate of rat gain, even ignoring better Dangerous weapons up to Cantigaster Venom’s +12 Dangerous and the Waxwail Knife’s +20.[/quote]

Ahh. I had forgotten that the Cellars can be used themselves. Scratch that crazy idea.

Now, the two other weapons you mentioned are 1) fate locked and 2) now unobtainable. It was more of a suggestion of making the best of your current situation if you’d rather not trade professions again (particularly if not even engaged yet and unable to work on the planning directly).

The best non-profession, non-Fate, non-K&C Dangerous weapon is the Infernal Sharpshooter’s Rifle with +10, so it’s not necessarily a big difference between that and the Ratting Piece. I agree that general ratting is one possible method, but without incredibly high Dangerous getting rats from Unfinished Business (which averages 110 RPA) is better than ratting as something other than a ratcatcher.
edited by Optimatum on 5/14/2016

At one point I did the math on using Fidgeting Writer to get Comprehensive Bribes. It was an Ubergoat scale grind (15,194 actions according to An_Ocelot’s shopping list) but also gives 19,625 Echos worth of saleable items.

It would be ridiculously &quotefficient,&quot but who in their right mind would go so far out of their way when it can be ground out in rats in about a third the time.