The court of cats

I have to say I like the new cards (or at least the one I’ve seen). They’re very infrequent, so they don’t flutter the deck, they’re generous while not being completely over-powered due to the rarity and the stat drain, and they encourage strategic play in terms of menaces. Very nice.

[quote=Televangelist]Interesting… the V and PB rewards from their respective opportunity cards are of similar value, but slightly different. (And the quality you take a hit to will be different as well)
edited by Televangelist on 6/4/2015[/quote]

[li]
Does anyone actually have an echo on the Viscountess’ card, or is it going to remain enigmatic?

NiteBrite graciously echoed it: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NiteBrite?fromEchoId=5860087

I have no idea what this text suggests the stat hit or 62.5E reward is, though. I’m gonna guess, which doesn’t really constitute a spoiler… Night-Whisper? Searing Enigma? Persuasive?

NiteBrite graciously echoed it: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NiteBrite?fromEchoId=5860087

I have no idea what this text suggests the stat hit or 62.5E reward is, though. I’m gonna guess, which doesn’t really constitute a spoiler… Night-Whisper? Searing Enigma? Persuasive?[/quote]

[li]
Oh excellent. That knowledge makes me feel better about my final choice, too. (The Parabola-Linen was tempting, but the opportunity to deny a certain gentleman’s clients more so.)

It strikes me as awfully unlikely that there is no further effect at all from taking the third option.
If it’s not a card at Nightmares 5 then something else perhaps?

[quote=Ian Hart]It strikes me as awfully unlikely that there is no further effect at all from taking the third option.
If it’s not a card at Nightmares 5 then something else perhaps?[/quote]
It does say that it’s nicer to receive a reward NOW than it is later. I took that to mean you have to wait for the other two to pay off, but you get the pay for the Ophidian Gentleman one immediately. But I could be wrong on that count!

The reward cards are Very Infrequent, and there’s probably a mass exodus to the Carnelian Coast besides. There may be a reward card for the third option, but we haven’t seen it yet. Or it could be as MidnightVoyager says.

Is the big reward on those cards actually repeatable?

They change the “Court of Cats” story quality by 1 when you get that reward, which for this kind of quality makes me suspect they are one-time only, since you can’t do “greater than” tests with qualities where 100 = one ending, 110 = another ending etc.

It would be surprising to me if such a substantial reward were repeatable, even with the cards being ‘very infrequent’.