The court and the foreign office

I read somewhere that its possible to get banished from the palace, and unlock the foreign office in the process. Is this something you’d want to do? what does the foreign office offer? my character is mostly watchful and dangerous
edited by Nanako on 4/29/2015

The Foreign Office is the next logical step for practicing your Persuasiveness, once you’re done with the Court. Mind, you only get banished from the COURT - NOT the Shuttered Palace, which you can always return from.

And you’ll certainly want to make sure you’ve done everything you WANT to do at Court before you go there.

[quote=BlakeTheDrake]The Foreign Office is the next logical step for practicing your Persuasiveness, once you’re done with the Court. Mind, you only get banished from the COURT - NOT the Shuttered Palace, which you can always return from.

And you’ll certainly want to make sure you’ve done everything you WANT to do at Court before you go there.[/quote]

what are the general things i’d want to do at court while i can?

Also, what kind of book do i need to write to get into god’s editors? apparently they don’t like sci fi…

[quote=Nanako]what are the general things i’d want to do at court while i can?

Also, what kind of book do i need to write to get into god’s editors? apparently they don’t like sci fi…[/quote]
It’s a good source of Making Waves. You can compose and get your Scholar of the Correspondence up to 10.
Get every novel and every poem because it’s better to have them and not need them…

God’s Editors like anything other than your tale of the future. Any other novel or poem is fine.

So i’m poking around in the palace just now, and i’m finding myself rather reliant on this for farming Stolen Correspondence in order to make personal recommendations.

Is there any better source for it? Watchful is my primary skill, dangerous is secondary. My persuasiveness is kind of meh but i don’t know any good sources that use my important skills.

MY shadowy skill is practically nonexistent. I’m aware of a source or two in spite, but im not good at robbing couriers.

[quote=Nanako]So i’m poking around in the palace just now, and i’m finding myself rather reliant on this for farming Stolen Correspondence in order to make personal recommendations.

Is there any better source for it? Watchful is my primary skill, dangerous is secondary. My persuasiveness is kind of meh but i don’t know any good sources that use my important skills.

MY shadowy skill is practically nonexistent. I’m aware of a source or two in spite, but im not good at robbing couriers.[/quote]

Talk of the Town, from &quotA Polite Invitation&quot card. It is entirely persuasive-dependent, and give out huge amount of Making Waves and Society if you don’t have enough progress to cash in for personal recommendations. Need to be lucky to draw the card several times though.

[quote=Estelle Knoh[quote=Nanako]
Talk of the Town, from &quotA Polite Invitation&quot card. It is entirely persuasive-dependent, and give out huge amount of Making Waves and Society if you don’t have enough progress to cash in for personal recommendations. Need to be lucky to draw the card several times though.[/quote]
ive been to that party three times, still failed to get a personal recommendation, although it is endlessly fun.

Being an opportunity card, it’s luck based and i can’t rely on it to turn up. it also doesn’t give stolen correspondence, which is what i want.

Are there any options for getting stolen correspondence at the foreign office?

Compromising Documents, Proscribed/Blackmail Materials or Extraordinary Implications, no Stolen Correspondence.

well compromising documetns are needed, but so too is intriguing gossip. Is there anywhere to farm that ? (which ideally uses watchful or persuasive?)

well compromising documetns are needed, but so too is intriguing gossip. Is there anywhere to farm that ? (which ideally uses watchful or persuasive?)[/quote]

Mostly cards if you don’t use shadowy. Even with Shadowy it is pretty hard to farm.