The Cintamani Ball: Evening Falls

Apologies for an extra thread, but I didn’t want to interrupt the Ball unduly with out-of-character comments. However, let’s sit down for a tipple and a chat.

First, apologies that I’ve mostly disappeared this past month. Other things in life have, as they will, pulled me unexpectedly out of London, so alas many tidbits about masqued gamblers and rats with sleep darts have been left on the side (or perhaps saved for next year?).

Second, I’m delighted that the ball (or at the very least the card sharp committee) is still going strong, and am glad that you’ve enjoyed it.

Third, and most importantly, it’s probably time to wrap the topic up. It would be a shame to let it whimper to a quiet death, and with the Feast beginning we’re all going to be thinking about other things. Besides, I have an ending in mind and I’d hate to waste it. O:)

So here’s my proposal: We skip forward to midnight, when the masquerade ends and dinner is served. While most of the revelers will have dinner in the public rooms, Sian has invited a select group of attendees to a more private affair. If you’d like your character to be part of that select group (and thus participate in the denouement), PM me. I’ll give it a couple of days to collect responses, then write up a post. It won’t be a slam-the-door closing post–if I do my job well, some of you will want to comment over dinner–but it’ll at least move things into the closing phase.

[No purchase necessary to enter. Erm, hold on; that’s not right. Ah, here we go! Even if your character hasn’t participated in the ball so far, I’m happy to put you in for the finale. We can just assume the character has been spending time with ball-goers besides the PCs.]

What think ye?

The good Preacher, as the only person in the cardsharp committee who knows how to properly dance a mazurka,would be delighted to participate in this beautiful ending. I am sure the other members would be delighted,too.

im uncertain as to what you mean but the old man having collected his fest of the rose gifts “its a damn bloodbath out there” would be happy to see the twilight of this fine evening

I too would enjoy seeing this extravagant ball to its end. Plus, Professor, you have teased us about an extraordinary surprise dish for dinner at an earlier January post, so I wouldn’t want to miss that!

I’m glad you have an ending planned out! I’ve been having trouble coming up with ideas to continue the game of Calvin Ball with Shadowcthuhlu.

I too am very much looking forward to it what unholy horrors can your chef produce

[quote=Siankan]Apologies for an extra thread, but I didn’t want to interrupt the Ball unduly with out-of-character comments. However, let’s sit down for a tipple and a chat.

First, apologies that I’ve mostly disappeared this past month. Other things in life have, as they will, pulled me unexpectedly out of London, so alas many tidbits about masqued gamblers and rats with sleep darts have been left on the side (or perhaps saved for next year?).

Second, I’m delighted that the ball (or at the very least the card sharp committee) is still going strong, and am glad that you’ve enjoyed it.

Third, and most importantly, it’s probably time to wrap the topic up. It would be a shame to let it whimper to a quiet death, and with the Feast beginning we’re all going to be thinking about other things. Besides, I have an ending in mind and I’d hate to waste it. O:)

So here’s my proposal: We skip forward to midnight, when the masquerade ends and dinner is served. While most of the revelers will have dinner in the public rooms, Sian has invited a select group of attendees to a more private affair. If you’d like your character to be part of that select group (and thus participate in the denouement), PM me. I’ll give it a couple of days to collect responses, then write up a post. It won’t be a slam-the-door closing post–if I do my job well, some of you will want to comment over dinner–but it’ll at least move things into the closing phase.

[No purchase necessary to enter. Erm, hold on; that’s not right. Ah, here we go! Even if your character hasn’t participated in the ball so far, I’m happy to put you in for the finale. We can just assume the character has been spending time with ball-goers besides the PCs.]

What think ye?[/quote]

It sounds fine. Apologies for my character’s having left early, but we’ve been juggling obstacles here and I did not have the energy to give the Ball my full attention. Thanks, but cathyr19355 has well and truly left early; please go on without me!

I will take your lead wherever you go! Dirae Eirnyes and Evensong are just here for a good time.

may the old man as evening falls propose a toast to those who left early, to those who did not attend at all, to those who danced, to those who played cards, and to many new friends, and if not friends at least acquaintances, but most importantly of all to mr khan without whom we would have not had such a lovely evening, even if it does leave me twenty echos in debt to an octopus.
edited by the old man on 2/7/2020

I made up a seating chart,so that we all know where we are. I meant to get it up earlier, but I’ve had some hanging questions I was waiting to have answered.

-----Sian-----
Thanos_____ Dione
Aranea______Max
Dirae_______ Jolanda
Nora________Michael
[TBA]_______ Lyda
Tanith______Tadhg
Tzara_______ Evensong
Logan_______old man
Greg________Six
Rosamund___Ixc
Drake_______Byron