The Apocyan Page: Must I steal from the rats?

I’ve got a good game going where I’ve already completed the Pigmote Isle story and didn’t steal the rat star. I’m hoping that in the days since the update someone’s discovered another piece of scintillack that’ll do the job?

It’s not just about starting over, it’s that I like the rats and I have a feeling that keeping on their good side will be beneficial in the long run, even if that’s several updates and patches away.

There is not currently another way to get it, no.

(I guess unless you count stealing from the Cavies as another way, but.)
edited by WormApotheote on 7/28/2014

[quote=Rilauven]I’ve got a good game going where I’ve already completed the Pigmote Isle story and didn’t steal the rat star. I’m hoping that in the days since the update someone’s discovered another piece of scintillack that’ll do the job?

It’s not just about starting over, it’s that I like the rats and I have a feeling that keeping on their good side will be beneficial in the long run, even if that’s several updates and patches away.[/quote]
Yeah I’m in the same boat. I’m sure the blue scintillack will be available some other way like a few of the other Neathbow items you need for the curator. Until then though, I still refuse to even start the Pigmote Island quest until the rat kingdom is added into the game to see the effects of joining either.
[li]

Since we have the Emerald Update now, I’m resurrecting this thread. Has anyone found another source of blue scintillack?

So far, it seems like there still isn’t any alternative source yet. At the very least you can use it to increase enemy illumination which makes it a rare and disposable item. The fact that you can use it must mean the developers are planning on some other way to get it, likely through a rare SAY event that hasn’t been implemented yet.

No you mustn’t. There is another way, and it involves a Port added in the Emerald Update.

In the Iron Republic when you get Day 16 you’ll acquire a Port Report very special, which will interest those demons back in London, in exchange you’ll acquire the Lamp of Blue Scintillack.

Hope it helps.
edited by tyrrelduckard on 8/2/2014

Yeah I updated the wiki on Gamepedia about it yesterday - For people who just want to get it without the joy/frustration of stumbling around till you find it on your own. Seems kinda random and not intuitive.
edited by Lashkar on 8/5/2014

That sounds like it fits the place exactly then.