The Anchoress?

Hmm. The schools of thought are rather vague on what each method of knowledge is supposed to be. I don’t suppose there’s more information available on what each of them are? I know the implacable method and the unconfined are pretty easy to figure out, but for the life of me I can’t figure out what the legacy of the anchoress is about. Who is she? Has she shown up before? If so, where? What’s her legacy all about?

Julian of Norwich, a 14th century English mystic whose contribution to Christian thought has been an enduring influence on the lore of the Neath. I’m far from an expert, but I gather her theology might broadly be described as optimistic, compassionate and poetic. The oft-quoted assurance that all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well, comes to us from Julian, via T.S. Eliot. So, her approach to knowledge would be a school that is based in kindness, forgiveness, in believing that people behave badly only out of ignorance, and that they can be assisted to lead a better life. It’s more about good intentions than strict academic rigour, and if it leads to a little more goodness in the world, then it would consider the effort worthwhile.