the Affair of the box?

A long while ago stuttering fence commisioned me to steal a box-the consequences were…dire :). However since my lucky escape it seems there was no chance to advance the story! Surprisingly, when i came to mahogany hall it gives me an option to pretend that i only ever stole the box with nothing ever happening afterwards as seen by Survivor of the box 1 requirement. IS that an option i want to take or am i missing something?
(on that note-i lost an aunt to the devils accidentialy(damn those abstractionists) is there any chance to get her back? i believe it happened a month ago…do i need to meet some special requirement?)

the Affair of the Box is a complicated storylet as far as I’m concerned as well. The advancement is certainly at Mahogany hall, practically speaking, yes. However, as far as continuity, I’m not sure.

As for the Aunt, if you’ve lost her for devils, there is a fate-locked Opportunity to get her back I believe. I lost her as well, but it was a long time ago and my memory is hazy.

At some point you’ll get an opportunity card allowing you to think back on your aunt… or mount a daring fate-locked rescue attempt! 15 fate, if memory serves.

I also failed my first attempt at stealing the box and still got the storyline going, though I can’t for the life of me remember how to salvage it, I know it’s not much help, but at least you can be sure that you havn’t lost it forever.

At some point you’ll get an opportunity card allowing you to think back on your aunt… or mount a daring fate-locked rescue attempt! 15 fate, if memory serves.[/quote]

A little OT - my aunt fled to the Surface instead, my quality went to 7 and now I keep getting a card in which she invites me to an enterprise. There’s a Fate locked option to accept, and a non Fate locked one to reject… I usually end up discarding it not to waste an Action just to refuse. Is Fate the only way to process in the storyline at this point?

Yes

Hm, shame. Not likely I’ll spend Fate on it anytime soon T.T
edited by streetfelineblue on 3/1/2012