Tapestry from the Elder continent

How would a certain person get this amazing work of art in the neath?

Without wanting to give too much away… endear yourself to Fallen London’s diplomatic service, and your Fate will allow you either to marry, or to be given an (indeed magnificent) tapestry.

By choosing sides at the Foreign Office…

Thank you, Delicious friends.

I did that, however, and acquired no such tapestry.

I’m not entirely sure but I think that choice is at the end of the Fate-locked content…? You’ll receive either the tapestry or a collection of photographs.

On the subject of Elder Tapestries and Companions, I’d grown attached to the Cultured Attachée, but lost my darling companion when I switched sides.

Am I right in guessing they are mutually exclusive?

Correct. Although the story you get when burning the tapestry is rather… eye-opening, to say the least, so don’t feel too bad for switching.

To answer your question…[spoiler][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]At the end of the Foreign Office, Fate locked storylet you may choose to side with either the Face or the Teeth. Once you do you may then choose to pick either a companion or a “gift.” The Companion for the Face is a Cultured Attache(who may be male or female) and confers a benefit of +1 to Watchful & Persuasive. The Companion for the Teeth is the Devout Intriguer(who may be male, female or other) and confers a benefit of +1 to Dangerous & Shadowy. The gift from the Face is the aforementioned Tapestry and confers a +1 to Persuasive. The gift from the Teeth is a Collection of Photographs and confers a +1 to Shadowy. One cannot have both a companion and a gift. There was a glitch very early on in the game which allowed some very lucky players to get both a Devote Intriguer and a Collection of Photographs, but that bug has since been patched. To my knowledge there is no one who has both a Cultured Attache and a Tapestry.[/color]

Correct. Although the story you get when burning the tapestry is rather… eye-opening, to say the least, so don’t feel too bad for switching.[/quote]

I paid for the Fate locked content, but i would like to keep my Cultured Attache’ What is the eye opening event that happens when you burn the Tapestry?

I’m not entirely sure but I think that choice is at the end of the Fate-locked content…? You’ll receive either the tapestry or a collection of photographs.[/quote]

Maybe I made the wrong choices…because I’ve long since reached the end of Fate-locked content on that story chain and received neither.

Ah, that explains it, then. I chose to accept a Cultured Attache as my Companion. Thanks.