Suspicion help

Hey folks,

I did not discover the Absolution Ablution until after my criminal record had already increased nearly too much for me to use it. I have since been trying to improve my shadowy, which means my suspicion has been going up rather much of late. However, I can only ask so much of my dear acquaintances (thank you Parelle!) and I am worried that the consequences might escalate even further. I’m almost upon a record of 6.

Any suggestions on effective ways to reduce Suspicion? I am a PoSI, if that matters.

Opportunism in Spite > Confound the Constables

Play the other Opportunism options to change your Airs of London value until it appears.

In addition, you can always Find a patsy on The vigilant gentlemen in blue from your opportunity deck whenever you’re at 5 or more suspicion. It only gives -2cp suspicion, but it also gives a point of Someone is Coming, which is quite valuable once you’re a PoSI.

Other options are considerably less efficient, but can be found here
edited by Wiwo on 4/6/2016

also this:

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21894-taking-suspicion.aspx?Page=1

I’m generally not seeking suspicion any more, but i’ll accept any you send, i guess.

Oh dear! And I had forgotten to warn you that I’m going to be out at zee for the week so you must be in particularly dire straits! So sorry! In general, I don’t mind taking on more than 1 request for reduction: I’ll only accept what I can manage myself (or what I was previously pushing off on Takuza, in the interest of science, of course.)

Don’t forget also to purchase the -1 Suspicion outfit (I know it’s a sober dress, but I think there’s something more masculine as well). to equip. I think that you’ll be able to switch to your Myself tab when you hit 8 within a storylet to equip it if need be.

Definitely do the cycling of Airs of London for Confound the Constables - I still do that (and it’s my favorite thing to come back from the early game with the advent of the Making Your Name trackers).
edited by Parelle on 4/6/2016

[quote=Parelle]Oh dear! And I had forgotten to warn you that I’m going to be out at zee for the week so you must be in particularly dire straits! So sorry! In general, I don’t mind taking on more than 1 request for reduction: I’ll only accept what I can manage myself (or what I was previously pushing off on Takuza, in the interest of science, of course.)

Don’t forget also to purchase the -1 Suspicion outfit (I know it’s a sober dress, but I think there’s something more masculine as well). to equip. I think that you’ll be able to switch to your Myself tab when you hit 8 within a storylet to equip it if need be.

Definitely do the cycling of Airs of London for Confound the Constables - I still do that (and it’s my favorite thing to come back from the early game with the advent of the Making Your Name trackers).
edited by Parelle on 4/6/2016[/quote]

The Set of Workman’s Clothes is the masculine equivalent (-1 Suspicion) of the Sober Dress, in the event your character is male gendered and has no transvestite tendencies.