Sunless Skies coming to Early Access 30th August

[color=#cc0099]Skyfarers, ready your locomotives!

Sunless Skies will be coming to Steam Early Access and GOG Games in Development the 30th of August! The feedback we received in Early Access for Sunless Sea was pivotal to its development, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on Sunless Skies over the coming months.

Kickstarter backers, keep your eyes on whichever email you used for Kickstarter for your key. Anyone else who’d like to join at this early stage will be able to purchase the game for 10% off its full price of £18.99 / $24.99 during the first week of Early Access / Games in Development.

Initially, players will be able to explore the Reach, one of the four regions of the High Wilderness, with other regions being added in throughout development:

The Reach is a verdant, sunless frontier. London pioneers—spearheaded by the avaricious Windward Company—establish far-flung colonies and plunder the riches of the region’s ruins and wild gardens. But many colonists crave independence from the Empire, and the Reach is rife with conflict. Will you be one of the lucky few who strikes it rich? Or one of the masses broken amidst the green wastes?

Mechanically, players can expect a broad skeleton of gameplay features to be available. You’ll be able to explore the skies, dock at ports, interact with stories, trade, fight and die. Opening the game to players in Early Access / Games in Development will provide us with crucial feedback and data to help us create a game that’s delicious, delightful, and dangerous.

We are incredibly excited to send you amongst the stars and look forward to experiencing this next chapter of development with you.

Note: Please do keep in mind that like any Early Access / Games in Development game, Sunless Skies will not be in a complete state, and will go through changes ahead of its full release, based on player feedback and our development of the game.
If you would like to wait until the bugs are ironed out, the gameplay is final and the stories are finished, we suggest that you wait until the official game release.[/color]

I read that 30th of July and panicked for a moment there XD
I can’t waaaait! One month to go!

So, if I’m not yet a Kickstarter Backer I’ll still be able to join in on Early Access for a small fee? That’s delightful.

will buying the game in Early Access give the buyer the right to any DLCs, like it happened with Sunless Sea?

22 dollars is not a small fee if you have to convert it to another coin :( but what the hell, ofc I’ll buy it

Definitely looking forward to this now that I have a good computer! It’ll be nice to be a part of something like this.

The info page says that we have to fill out a survey until August 29th to be eligible, but there is no link to this survey. I have a vague recollection of filling one out, but I really have no idea. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers :).

[quote=goffe]The info page says that we have to fill out a survey until August 29th to be eligible, but there is no link to this survey. I have a vague recollection of filling one out, but I really have no idea. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers :).[/quote]Log in to your KS account and it should be the first thing you see ;)

What time will it be released?

[color=#cc0099]Around 18:00 BST on the 30th, depending on the Steam and GOG gods.[/color]

[quote=phryne][quote=goffe]The info page says that we have to fill out a survey until August 29th to be eligible, but there is no link to this survey. I have a vague recollection of filling one out, but I really have no idea. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers :).[/quote]Log in to your KS account and it should be the first thing you see ;)[/quote]

[li]
And there it was, and it was indeed already filled out. Thank you so much, and I’m looking forward to exploring the High Wilderness.

Congratulations for early access!
hmm… How does one receive the key? Via mail? Logging on Kickstarter?

EDIT:
Ok, I just saw a message at KS which implores me to wait patiently.
Thought I missed it, with my neanderthal-technology abilities (Techandrethal).
Great, thanks!
edited by Gonen on 8/30/2017

Is it too soon for me to become hopeful regarding the possibility of a certain blemmigan arriving in the Neath?