Sunless Sea teaser site open

[color=#009900]Hello all! We asked you what you’d like to see Kickstarted, we trailed this, and here it is:[li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Sunless Sea is an exploration and trading game for PC set in the rich, story-fueled universe of Fallen London. Take the helm of your customised steamship and set sail for the uncharted reaches of the Neath, where the map changes every time you play, and every officer in your crew has their own story. Our influences include include: FTL; Strange Adventures in Infinite Space; Taipan; Sid Meier’s Pirates; Don’t Starve; Elite; roguelikes; the Crimson Permanent Assurance; immrama.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

[color=#009900]You can sign up for more info here. The Kickstarter opens in September: we need your help to get it funded, and we’re also very interested in hearing what you’d like to see in it.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]We’re hoping this will be the way of the future. Having to split time between client projects and Fallen London - though some of those client projects are brilliant - has made it very hard to focus on extending the FL lore and stories, and this way we can kill two bats with one stone.[/color]

[/li][/color][li]
edited by Alexis on 7/30/2013

I really like the teaser site and I love the game idea; so many ways it could be extended over time.

I’ll certainly be kickstarting it.

I’m hoping the rewards/levels will be the same as for The Silver Tree. (I just love my Falcon.)

I am pretty exited for this too, sadly I can’t kickstart it (no credit card grr), and I must wonder, did I saw a Rubbery Man as the cook in the teaser?

And, I am wondering if it’s like we need to pay to download it or, will it be something else, like buying a CD? Thanks for your time

EDIT: As for what I am expecting; I would like to see more about the Rubbery Man (I know it doesn’t makes much sense, but since it’s related to the water, maybe there will be a connection to them) and if that isn’t possible, well I’d like to know ore about the other settlements that dot the Sunless Sea
edited by Corvo on 7/30/2013

The FAQ says that we download it.

I’m hoping to be able to back it, but I’m not sure if I will. I’d like to, at least.

The Rubbery Chef: the only sort you can always count on for rubbery lumps when the going gets tough?
edited by Flyte on 7/31/2013

Does it count as cannibalism if the cannibalised is of another species and is technically a cephalophod?

Sara: Sorry, my bad, I had forgotten. I apologize

[quote=Spacemarine9]Does it count as cannibalism if the cannibalised is of another species and is technically a cephalophod?[/quote]I’m pretty sure that since they’re alienswe’re not even on the same phylogenetic tree, and that eating them is therefore less like cannabilism than is eating a cabbage.

Though it might still not be, you know, civilised. Just sayin’.

One cannot truly explore the Unterzee until one has sampled (and by sampled i mean eaten) everything on it and under it. Sea creature, rubbery man, clay man, hallucinatory lizard, crewmember. Try some of all of it!

[color=#009900]A couple of updates you’ll want to read:[li][/color]

http://sunlessseagame.com/how-will-sunless-sea-look/

http://sunlessseagame.com/importing-fl-characters/

Verrry interesting! I have questions about importing characters, but I’ll wait until the promised update regarding death, shipwreck, nibbling by haddock, and all those good things.

[color=#009900]&quotThis is the day I finally listened to my dreams. I climbed the ladder to the attic. The box was there in the farthest corner. In the dream I had opened it and the crows had poured out like a black fog, but of course that was nonsense… there was nothing in there but the map, and the lamp. And my father’s sword.”[li][/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

[color=#009900]That update about shipwreck, death and legacies is here:[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]http://sunlessseagame.com/shipwreckdeath-and-legacies/[/color]

Okay, the legacies bit is really cool! It reminds me, say, of the Pendragon RPG.

Although I must say–death seems a good deal more frequent here than in FL. Are deaths just that horrific that you can’t recover from them? (I’m thinking of Jack’s murders and your duels-to-the-permadeath against the Black Ribbon.)

I’m guessing the father was seeking mr eaten’s name

Why isn’t this called “Zunless Zee”? :)

[li]
[color=#009900]We’ve anticipated your question. :-)[/color] http://sunlessseagame.com/z/

[color=#009900]Paul has done a lovely post on Sunless Sea art.[/color][li]

That concept picture actually makes my stomach lurch with the sudden shift from agoraphobia to claustrophobia, seeing the vast open sea suddenly become a closed and covered cave with the appearance of a rock pillar at the edge of the dim pool of light. Well done, Mr Arendt. Well done.

[color=#009900]Folks - we’re giving much more detail about our current thinking on pledge rewards over here, and we’re getting some really useful feedback. Do pop over if you haven’t already.[/color][li][/li][li]
edited by Alexis on 8/9/2013

[color=#009900]Obsession, desperation, nemesis. And giant enemy crabs. [/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=rgb(102, 102, 102)]http://sunlessseagame.com/[/color]monstrosities-and-nemeses[color=rgb(102, 102, 102)]/[/color]