SUNLESS SEA LEAVES EARLY ACCESS ON 6 FEBRUARY 2015

[color=#0066ff]The official release date for Sunless Sea is 6 February, 2015.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color][color=#0066ff]Over 200,000 words of story. Hundreds of illustrations. Seven months in Early Access. We’re almost there![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color][color=#0066ff]Our final release, PEARL, will complete the major storylines. Gameplay will be finessed, and we’ve added a couple of little flourishes that we think you’ll like. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color][color=#0066ff]We’re also excited to announce that Sunless Sea will be available on gog.com at launch![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color][color=#0066ff]We’re hugely excited to share the finished game with you. (Meanwhile, and I’m sure most people here know this already, if you purchase Sunless Sea while it is still in Early Access, you’re guaranteed to receive all game expansions and story DLC for FREE.)[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color][color=#0066ff]Thanks for your support, delicious community![/color]

WOOOOOO Thank YOU, Failbetter, for making this! This is one of the few Early Access games I don’t regret getting, and I can’t wait to see what it offers! The zee is so nicely full of stuff now, and I am super eager to see what all of the islands can offer.

And there’s going to be DLC and Game Expansions?! Whoah. Sign me up :D

Congratulations Failbetter, looking forward to the next (and full) release.
I’d just like to clarify one thing with you though, I know the expansions will probably be the Unterzee and Zeppelins (very fine!) you mentioned on Kickstarter before, but are these separate DLCs going to be for content not already in the game? Hopefully these aren’t for Nuncio/Frostfound or the 2 incomplete legacies? Will we get to see and sail beyond North, South, East and West of the map?

Also, thank you for the free content for EA purchasers.
edited by Bardigan on 1/9/2015

[quote=Bardigan]Congratulations Failbetter, looking forward to the next (and full) release.
I’d just like to clarify one thing with you though, I know the expansions will probably be the Unterzee and Zeppelins (very fine!) you mentioned on Kickstarter before, but are these separate DLCs going to be for content not already in the game? Hopefully these aren’t for Nuncio/Frostfound or the 2 incomplete legacies? Will we get to see and sail beyond North, South, East and West of the map?

Also, thank you for the free content for EA purchasers.
edited by Bardigan on 1/9/2015[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]The only DLC/expansion that we currently have in plan is the underzee expansion. You are currently able to zail off the edges of the map, though no good will come of it. :)[/color]

I realize that this is probably intended, but the more y’all present options with big warning labels that say DON’T DO THIS, the more horribly curious I get…

Oh yeah! Actually, though, if there were an SMEN counterpart in Sunless Sea…DAMN that’d be great!

[li]Honestly, I am so happy with this game currently that I have no requests other than that the game keep being updated (I did read somewhere that content would be updated every so many weeks, didn’t I?) Otherwise, the game is wonderful – I just hope they keep adding more. :)

[color=#009900]Thanks! :) And you’re thinking of our ‘updates around about weekly’ during Early Access. We can’t promise free updates after launch - it depends on sales, how much love FL and other projects need, and a bunch of other things - but I would expect you would likely see some.[/color]
edited by Alexis on 1/9/2015

Hmm. A couple of questions. I’d been hearing mixed things about Sunless Seas from other Fallen London vets. I don’t suppose someone who has played both could do a compare and contrast of game styles given the understanding that they are different types of games?

I had originally been thinking of giving Sunless Seas a pass, but the free expansions/DLC offer is making me reconsider. However, if it’s going to be offered on GOG, I’d rather offer my money to them than Steam. I don’t suppose there’s an equivalent offer for them?

It doesn’t matter where you get it from. You could get it off the Humble Store if you wanted.

Yes, well, one can’t actually purchase Sunless Sea from GoG.com at the moment, and therefore one assumes that one wouldn’t be eligible for the free expansion/dlc offer.