Sunless Sea comes to Switch and XBOne this month!

[color=#0066ff]Surprise! Sunless Sea is coming out for Switch on 23rd April and XBoxOne on the 24th![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]You may have heard that we’ve been working on console ports for Sunless Sea and Sunless Skies. Initially we’d expected Sunless Skies to release first, with Sunless Sea following. Schedules on both projects have moved around a bit, meaning the release dates are now expected to be as follows:[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]

• [color=#0066ff]Sunless Sea comes to Switch on 23rd April[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Sunless Sea comes to Xbox on the 24th[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition comes to PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox in August/September[/color]

[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Note: Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition is already available on PS4 and Sunless Sea is available for iPad.[/color]

Welp, it’s official, I’m no longer going to be putting off buying this game.:joy::heart:

I’m watching a video review on Switchup right now. The game looks cool, and I’m interested in grabbing a copy - but ONLY when there’s a physical version.

Digital only games are anti-consumer, sorry.

I loved Sunless Sea. I bought the PC version and love it. Then it came out for iPad and Wow! This game works so well with a touch screen interface. I still play the iPad version exclusively to this day. I want to play Zubmariner soon. However I’m still playing with the original and more importantly, with the touch screen interface.
Then the Switch version with Zubmariner came out and I became extremely confused.

What happened to the touch screen interface? I’m now assuming Sunless Skies will be the same with no touch screen control for the Switch. Uh-Oh! something is very wrong here. Is there a reason why touch screen controls are being rejected? Do I have unhealthy touch addiction?

I don’t think so because I read reviews and they often mention this problem.

&quotThe only thing I can’t help but wish was touch controls. . . . . . .
You either have to deal with a slow scroll with all the sub-categories expanded (as you’d have to scroll down again with the directional pad again to expand it), or use the directional buttons to scroll down with the categories collapsed.&quot

&quotThat’s why we’re so hopeful that this Switch edition can help to address the game’s underserved obscurity. . . . . . . and the game itself making no use of its touchscreen (which is maddening, but sadly commonplace)&quot

I’m curious to know what other people think about all this? And why are touch screen controls not being used for such beautiful games? Thank you.
edited by WinterLost on 8/23/2020