Suggestion: The Constable Renown Items

I’m a strong proponent of the Corpsecage Theory, and I think that the name “Place Where they Bury the Bodies” sounds like it could fit but it’s not definitive. I will say it definitely sounds like the name of a 40-Renown item. The names of these items tend to be elaborate and evocative.

Hellish Hymn does not sound like the name of a 40-Renown item to me. I’m guessing that’s the 25-Renown item, which will probably be found in Ladybones Road where the Embassy is located. Remember, last time they released Renown items they teased the a 25-Renown item because the name was just so awesome (Defenestrating Boots! :D).

My secret hope is that the 10-Renown item for hell is a +4 Watchful companion called the Undergoat.

This is, of course, assuming that they follow the pattern established by previous factions. I’m kind of hoping they shake things up a little, because being too symmetric would be out of character for Fallen London.

…I’m not crying; you’re crying.[/quote]
I AM crying. I feel sad now and want to give Totally-Not-Sherlock a hug.

[li]

Hahaha, this would be a big surprise! :D

Its not exactly far out there in a hard to get place, but I could see the renowned 40 item for the constabulary being “A record of your knighting for service to London”, which would be gained by visiting the Queen. Main reason I suggest this, comes from the being allowed back into the palace storyline coming out sometime this year hopefully.

As for constabulary renown 10, I could see it being an antique detective badge which predates the fall. “This badge guarantees, a slight nod of respect from any constable that see’s it.” The badge is not responsible for any nostalgic laced conversation about the surface.

[quote=folklore364]Its not exactly far out there in a hard to get place, but I could see the renowned 40 item for the constabulary being &quotA record of your knighting for service to London&quot, which would be gained by visiting the Queen. Main reason I suggest this, comes from the being allowed back into the palace storyline coming out sometime this year hopefully.[/quote]As you noted, it’s not that far away or particularly out of London, so I’d think the Empress’s Court is more of a place to put a Renown 25 item, and the problem with using it for the Constables is that the conversion is coming very soon towards the beginning of June. While it’s possible that the Empress’s Court will be back by then, I’d not count on it.

I could see your idea of knighthood as a Renown item for Society, though, since they’ll be receiving the conversion later this summer.
edited by Azothi on 5/25/2017

[quote=Azothi][quote=folklore364]Its not exactly far out there in a hard to get place, but I could see the renowned 40 item for the constabulary being &quotA record of your knighting for service to London&quot, which would be gained by visiting the Queen. Main reason I suggest this, comes from the being allowed back into the palace storyline coming out sometime this year hopefully.[/quote]As you noted, it’s not that far away or particularly out of London, so I’d think the Empress’s Court is more of a place to put a Renown 25 item, and the problem with using it for the Constables is that the conversion is coming very soon towards the beginning of June. While it’s possible that the Empress’s Court will be back by then, I’d not count on it.

I could see your idea of knighthood as a Renown item for Society, though, since they’ll be receiving the conversion later this summer.
edited by Azothi on 5/25/2017[/quote]
That honestly would make more sense for knighthood to be a society item.

…I’m not crying; you’re crying.[/quote]
I AM crying. I feel sad now and want to give Totally-Not-Sherlock a hug.[/quote]
I am hoping that Failbetter’s writers would notice this. Since the Watchful content progression revamp, there has not been new stuff about him, and certainly nothing much about Fallen London’s version of Dr. Watson.
edited by Rostygold on 5/29/2017