Suggestion: Steady way to start "A Name in Blood"

I make it a habit to run the stories for Shadowy, Watchful, and Persuasive every week, or whenever the stories complete. I consider it good free CP and increases to &quotGates of the Garden,&quot etc. However, there’s no stable way to do this for Dangerous, and I wish there were. It could be put in the Department of Menace Eradication, maybe. It would be in keeping with where the other triggers are located in each starting area.
[li]
edited by Taleria on 7/24/2014

try the &quotTalk Them Trough Your Wounds&quot option on the donate your body to science card. If you succeed you will get a &quotliving story will begin soon&quot message and hopefully gain &quotA Name In Blood&quot[li]

Also if your dangerous is lower try the &quotmarksmen competition for a prize of jade&quot card and pick the &quotTurn Me Around&quot option this will on regular successes gain you a Name in Blood
edited by hyperion122 on 7/24/2014

That’s the issue right there. I have leveled past those scenarios. Dangerous is currently 61 and counting. All my stats are in the fifties and sixties. However, the storylets that trigger the stories for them do not disappear, or at least haven’t yet. I want Dangerous to have a similar trigger that isn’t leveled out of so quickly. That’s why I suggested putting it in the Department, which has been there from the beginning of the game and hasn’t yet disappeared.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

You may wish to buy a Talkative Rattus Faber (-25 Dangerous, Persuasive, Watchful, and Shadowy Pet) to lower your stats enough to trigger the stories.

I guess I’ll have to remember to do that when Dangerous hits 75 or so. Right now, I seem to be in between stories. I have the rattus faber but haven’t seen a card for it yet. I love the pet cards. Well, the opportunity cards in general. It’s neat how characterization of species and individual NPCs are conveyed so clearly in short story snippets.

Talkative Rattus Fabers don’t have a card dedicated to them like a lot of other pets do. Not unless there’s a combo with another pet I’m forgetting about.

[quote=Taleria]I guess I’ll have to remember to do that when Dangerous hits 75 or so.[/quote]Since Donate your body to science for an hour or two. unlocks with Dangerous 41-55, you should be able to reach it with the Talkative Rattus Faber once your Dangerous hits 66. There are also other items which reduce Dangerous by one point each, so if your Dangerous just reached 56 or so you might be able to regain access to the storylet by using one or more of these items:

Clothing: Faded Morning Suit/Glad Rags/Shabby Opera Cloak (and other, less accessible options)

Gloves: Lady’s Lace Gloves/Dancemaster’s Dabs

Weapon: Patent Scrutinizer/Bejewelled Cane or the Drownie Song of the Deep (Light Fingers ambition). The Ratwork Watch (460 Echoes or a very rare success) and the Myriad Keys (Nemesis ambition) reduce Dangerous by two points.
edited by Gillsing on 7/25/2014

There’s only options on cards like stealth watch repair and the plaster face storyline.

As I thought. Only uses, no dedicated card. Such a shame! I think it would be hilarious.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/26/2014

[quote=Sara Hysaro]As I thought. Only uses, no dedicated card. Such a shame! I think it would be hilarious.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/26/2014[/quote]
Oh, Yes!