Suggestion: Favourites in Contact List

I already mailed FBG folks with it, copying here to find out if the feature may have some support, or is it too specific.

As you know, when there is socially related event (such as Feast of the Rose, or Halloween one), we need to actually exchange many London mails, and wait for reply. I use ‘Suggest a Contact’ feature to find someone still actually alive.

Then I meet contact list limitation. Hard to remember, 200, maybe.

Then, I go to my account settings to clear my contacts, and…

…and obviously, I’d like to keep my acquaintances, patrons and Protégées (persons who actually were invested in the game sufficiently to instill special relationships with me) protected from that clearing. I don’t want to remove them, you see. And they influence my another limiter, aptly named Influence, which does not go down as I clear my Acquaintances away from contact list.

And I have no convenient mean for that, no. I need to go to Myself page, and carefully check against the list.

So, maybe add Favourite folder to the contact list? Automatically populated with Acquaintances, Patrons and Protegees.

[quote=Kharsirr Lynx]I already mailed FBG folks with it, copying here to find out if the feature may have some support, or is it too specific.

As you know, when there is socially related event (such as Feast of the Rose, or Halloween one), we need to actually exchange many London mails, and wait for reply. I use ‘Suggest a Contact’ feature to find someone still actually alive.

Then I meet contact list limitation. Hard to remember, 200, maybe.

Then, I go to my account settings to clear my contacts, and…

…and obviously, I’d like to keep my acquaintances, patrons and Protégées (persons who actually were invested in the game sufficiently to instill special relationships with me) protected from that clearing. I don’t want to remove them, you see. And they influence my another limiter, aptly named Influence, which does not go down as I clear my Acquaintances away from contact list.

And I have no convenient mean for that, no. I need to go to Myself page, and carefully check against the list.

So, maybe add Favourite folder to the contact list? Automatically populated with Acquaintances, Patrons and Protegees.[/quote]

Good suggestion. I have been devilled (heh) by this problem for years now. FBG’s response was to tell me to winnow my list of contacts. As you’ve noted, it’s hard to know how many of the names on the list are accounts for people who don’t play any more.