[SUGGESTION] A fifth wardrobe preset.

The addition of the wardrobe presets under the ‘Myself’ panel is wonderful, but I keep finding myself wanting a fifth preset to use when I want to optimize my Respectable/Dreaded/Bizzare rating.
This is a minor gripe, I know, but in its current state this incredibly convenient system feels like it’s just short of meeting what (I think) is the average player’s needs. I don’t know how much time and energy Failbetter would have to spend to make this change, but I felt that making the suggestion would be worth a try.

That was all. Have a wonderful day!

Yeah, this was requested a few times after the feature was added.

In fact, 6 wardrobes would be ideal:
One for each primary stat, one for maximizing BDR, and one for day-to-day with balanced stats.

[quote=dov]In fact, 6 wardrobes would be ideal:
One for each primary stat, one for maximizing BDR, and one for day-to-day with balanced stats.[/quote]

While I don’t think I’d have much use for a ‘balanced’ set myself, I can see the appeal of this.
I suppose that the optimal solution would be to have a bunch of extra sets which the player can name themselves for all kinds of strange uses people might need, but I feel like that could potentially result in a lot of work for Failbetter.

feedback@failbettergames.com

Actually, 7 load outs would be ideal. 1 for maximizing each stat and BDR, and 1 for lowering stats.

I agree. I’m squeaking by with 4 mostly because my shadowy-maximizing set gives enough dreaded to pass the grubby kitten and heist challenges.

Having more wriggle room for wardrobe will be pretty nice, but I can’t see it going past beyond 7.

Can’t debate that 7 wardrobes would be awesome, but in the meantime, I strongly recommend dropping “Dangerous” and replacing it with your BDR set. There aren’t any truly difficult Dangerous checks like there are for the other 3 stats. Obviously it still has uses while working your way up through the Dangerous content, but if you’re that early on, you probably don’t need Notability that badly.

True if you don’t participate in K&C, but What new madness is this? on The Listing Tower: Intrigue in a Half-Abandoned Mansion is a very high difficulty (and profitable) Dangerous challenge, as is A little extortion on a branch of Wolfstack in the fog, which is useful for getting one’s soul back (at least inasmuch as anything is useful for that).

True if you don’t participate in K&C, but What new madness is this? on The Listing Tower: Intrigue in a Half-Abandoned Mansion is a very high difficulty (and profitable) Dangerous challenge, as is A little extortion on a branch of Wolfstack in the fog, which is useful for getting one’s soul back (at least inasmuch as anything is useful for that).[/quote]
Ah, very true. I haven’t yet earned any Assassin of Assassins so that card isn’t in my usual hand. Still likely the least used of the 4.

Seven might be a little cluttered, but a fifth slot would be great.

…But Seven is the number.

One thing I would love (and have already sent to the feedback address) would be the ability to change your outfit from the Story tab… I’d love it so much if hitting E,M,H, or I on that page changed your outfit to Evening, Morning, etc. If I had the time I would consider trying to make a mod/extension for that, but I don’t think I do.

Oh wow, yeah. That sounds amazing. They could even have this neat little pocket watch graphic for it, or something.
I guess that’s taking the dream a little too far, though. Heh.