Strategic Information vs Vital Intelligence

I understand that you can combine 2 Strategic Information + 1 Moves in the Great Game into 1 Vital Intelligence. Vital Intelligence sells for 350 at Admiralty (a bit more at the diplomat). Strategic Information sells for 150 each and Moves in the Great Game sells for I think 100. So combining these three items is clearly the worst option for money making. Aside from money, how does Vital Intelligence affect the game? Should I sell these items separately or combine it into one and hope for something interesting happen in the long run?

Aside from being useful in quests, handing in Vital Intelligence to different intelligence officers can boost different factions’ supremacy.

Honest question - how does the supremacy affect gameplay or the world?

You don’t have to combine Moves in the Great Game to get Vital Intelligence. I generally go for Zee-stories or Memories of Distant Shores instead.

Moves in the Great Game go for 50 or less, you won’t be sacrificing any profit if you sell it to the Dark-Spectacled Admiral, and you’ll turn a decent earning if you give it to the Diplomat, instead.

Well, not much really. Other than not being able to turn in any port reports, get any strategic information quests from the admiralty and be generally echo starved in the early game if you chose to not side with london. But hey, it does make zailing the zee that much more challenging.

Good day :D

Therr is a reward if you get London up to 7. A Captivating Treasure and some other things. (It’s possible to get the reward three times, but that’s probably a bug.)

Getting Dawn Machine up to 7 makes the Admiral go away. I’m not sure what happens to him, but it’s probably not good. What happens to you is that you can’t turn in port reports and no one tells you where to get Strategic Information.

I’ve never gotten any of the others up to 7. Getting any of them to 7 is supposed to block the others, except that London doesn’t block Dawn Machine, because the New Sequence operates within the Admiralty.

[quote=PJ]Therr is a reward if you get London up to 7. A Captivating Treasure and some other things. (It’s possible to get the reward three times, but that’s probably a bug.)

Getting Dawn Machine up to 7 makes the Admiral go away. I’m not sure what happens to him, but it’s probably not good. What happens to you is that you can’t turn in port reports and no one tells you where to get Strategic Information.

I’ve never gotten any of the others up to 7. Getting any of them to 7 is supposed to block the others, except that London doesn’t block Dawn Machine, because the New Sequence operates within the Admiralty.[/quote]

London doesn’t block any other supremacy, you can get any supremacy after London but all other supremacies block everything else(so you may want to get your supremacy with London to 7 if you can first and then get what you want).

edit:this is like the third question in a row I answered incorrectly, I need to start checking the wiki again.
edited by The Master on 10/21/2016

London should block every supremacy except Dawn Machine, and Dawn Machine supremacy does block London supremacy.

Really? maybe I got it wrong but I think I recall getting the anarchists up after London, though I guess it’s pretty likely I got it wrong since I did it a while ago

sorry for the incorrect information then.

Wiki says that Dawn Machine is the only one to not require every other supremacy below 7. Of course, the wiki could just be wrong.

London Supremacy does block the Anarchists, I tried that on my last Captain.

You only need a zee-story or a memory of distant shores to make a vital intelligence. I’ve never found anywhere where moves in the great game got more than 75e, and that’s the roser’s wharf which isn’t available early game - at the Admiral’s they go for 30e. A vital intelligence is worth up to 600e from the Voracious Diplomat. Definitely combine.