StoryNexus Wiki

Would anyone be interested in the idea of creating a wiki for hosting information on StoryNexus projects, similar to (or an offshoot of) the various Fallen London wikis around the internet? I know that many projects are only in their early stages at the moment, but we could start with Cabinet Noir at the least. Is this feasible or a good idea?

[color=#009900]We’re about to publish new Fan Guidelines in the context of StoryNexus. A preview is here: this is in final draft and we’ll be publishing it on the site in a week or two.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
http://about.failbettergames.com/storynexus-fan-project-guidelines/
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]The key point is that we do not give permission for wikis to copy and paste entire storylets from our new games, in the way that existing Fallen London wikis do. Fair use - e.g. summarising plots and outcomes - is permitted. [/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Whether non-Failbetter creators want to give permission to reproduce their content is entirely up to them (it’s their copyright).[/color]

That sounds fair.

If those guidelines are different than the ones posted, I would like to read them but that link is dead (at least for me) so I don’t know if that is intentional or not… I also think it is inevitable that any large scale game will get a wiki or two popping up eventually but I would also believe strongly in not copying and pasting entire storylets. That would completely defeat the purpose of having the game available to play.

[color=#009900]Kitsune: I’ve just double-checked the link. Could you let me know if you still have problems?[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]To be clear, we have no problem with wikis which obey the fair use guidelines on copyright (of which there is a long and honourable tradition), and we’re not doing anything unusual or restrictive. We simply aren’t currently giving any kind of blanket permission to reproduce our content - and fortunately, most or all of the wiki hosting sites have a responsible takedown policy.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]And these guidelines aren’t different from the StoryNexus ToS - they’re just our policy on our own content. The StoryNexus ToS just says that you keep your own copyright, and you warrant that you’re not using anyone else’s without their permission. If a creator wants, for instance, to publish their own content under a Creative Commons license, that’s up to them.[/color]

It opened up for me this time thanks Alexis