Storylets not setting qualities

Hi, This is my first post. I attempted to perform my due diligence by searching the forum for similar issues before posting. I feel like this is likely a problem with my work. I have encountered the problem on other storynexus games too however. Basically, when the player follows a storylet to it’s conclusion it’s supposed to assign a quality and increment the A Stranger quality. I’m having the issue where it just sort of hangs there. The quality doesn’t get assigned and it can’t move on. I’m rather stumped by this because I can’t move on if I can’t even make my first storylet. It seems that everyone else doesn’t have this problem but, my other two team members had the problem too.

Is there an issue going on with Storynexus? If so, would we see a fix? (I know that they’re very busy with fallen london and I’d understand if they didn’t want to devote time to supporting a product that isn’t making them a dime and likely costing quite a bit. Anyway, I hope that someone can point me in the right direction because I’m completely lost.

Thank you very much,
Miguel

Hey, I think you’re just having the same problem as highlighted in this thread: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21039-problem-loading-storylets.aspx

Thanks for replying. I didn’t think that it was related because I can still use Fallen London. You’re probably right though. I guess we’ll just do our planning until it works again. I hate to say this on their forums because The Failbetter games people have been very good to us. It seems sad that this is the only text based role playing system with multiplayer elements. Still, I can wait, we can do our work until it’s fixed. The platform really is impressive.

Coincidentally, I’m working on a cyberpunk-y game as well. I wish that I could play though more of the creations that people have made on Storynexus. It seems like such an incredible outpouring of creativity.

Thank you,
Miguel

Yes, this problem is only affecting StoryNexus, not FL. I imagine that it’ll be fixed very soon.

I have been having this problem for the last week as well. I don’t want to count on the staff to fix it, so is there any browser or setup which is not having this problem? Anyone who has found a workaround?

It’s a 100% server-side issue. There’s nothing you can do to fix it with the browser. I have had a note from FBG in response to a support ticket saying that it will be fixed though.