Storylet favors grinding

[quote=Parelle]bump

Given the new renown items, i think this thread could use a revisit and an introduction to those who hadn’t looked into it before.

I’m still fairly happy with the Scandal grind mentioned above - also keep a hold of City Vices: a decadent evening for a scandal and making waves boost.[/quote]
If you have any edits to suggest, please tell me. I don’t think any new ones have been revealed, so the only likely problem is how horribly written it is in places.

Well, for those willing to use what is available to them: I scooted out if the Tomb Colonies in 8AP including the 5 to leave by burning 2 CP of Masters connections and some church. Not sure if I recommend this, but it certainly works…
edited by Parelle on 11/23/2016

I didn’t see this one in the criminal breakdown, but… Add one card to the tally for your connected pet, for any faction (except Rubbery, I believe).

Sorry if you mentioned that somewhere already.

And as a late revision, there’s also the Mayor card that gives you either a Dock or Criminals favour plus goodies.
edited by Handy81 on 12/9/2016
edited by Handy81 on 12/9/2016

Could a delicious individual message me the correct carousel for Flute Street?

I’d been there long time ago and witnessed all the spectacles, so it would make sense for me to go directly for the favour source.

Edit: For anyone wandering like me, the favour option is a new one. Just look around at the end of the carousel.
edited by GeorgeEarlslight on 12/22/2016

If anyone knows of any Urchins favor grinds, please tell me. I already added the finishing school to the list, but if there’s anything else, I’d love to know.

Something I just noticed- you can get docks, rubbery men or urchin favors for 5 points organizing a wedding at your wedding. If you’re really dedicated, you could set up a loop doing this, though you’d need a partner who’s also interested in doing the same thing. You can even use inventory items at your wedding, so you wouldn’t even waste any. This is expensive, but if you’re getting married anyways, it’s not a bad deal. for 1k echoes in items (500 if you have enough rats lying around), the payment being split between two parties, the hassle of going through a divorce and re-proposing, and a substantial sum of actions, you could get 100 urchin favors.

Is there any more up-to-date information for this, with the recent changes? Grenem doesn’t appear to be active any more, but it’s a really useful guide and it’d be nice to have the rest of the factions accounted for.

Honestly, there aren’t that many story based options: I can’t think of ANY for urchins, Great Game, or Constables and I haven’t looked into the change over for the newer three (looking on Reddit, there is Hound of Heaven for Church. And that’s an awfully long grind!)

It’s frustrating actually, because I enjoyed the ones I had control over like Tomb Colonies or Docks, which I drove up due to the methods mentioned here almost exclusively. And considering I actually paid Fate for the Velocipede Squad I wish there was a Constable’s favour associated with it.

That said, I am here to report that going Rat Catching now raises Scandal by chance, so if you need to gain Rats for Urchins and go to the Tomb Colonies at the same time, you’ve an option.

I praise this tome of knowledge.

That is all.

Sinning Jenny’s school can get you Church, Revolutionaries, Urchins, Bohemians, Great Game, and Docks depending on which final test you do (You have a 50% chance to get a favor)

And Tomb-Colonies. And Society, if you’ve completed The Frequently Deceased (exceptional story).

If you haven’t completed the Cheesemonger story, that’s a great (if card based) source of a variety of favors. Just tip off the various factions, making sure not to drop too low or raise too high.

Okay! I spoilt some things for myself for the good of London. If you have the Renown 10 and 3 Favours for the Bohemians, you can gain a Barrel with Leather Straps. It’s +4 Dangerous AND +1 Scandal for the Clothing Slot. Stacked with the previous hat and stocking, that cuts out a full 5CP of Scandal to go to the Tomb Colonies (and getting back) by allowing you to go at Level 5.