Story Event Teleported Me to Kingeater's Castle

So I’m back after a long hiatus to taste the salty waters of the Zee once more and what do I find on my travels. A most mysterious and dangerous happenstance occured to me. I was chugging along to the North-East of the Chelonate, which is located north-east on my map, when a dangerous event occured. This event gave a new background as the adventure-text came up. I clicked through and when the event was done I found myself in the South-East corner of the map at Kingeater’s Castle, where I had some deadly options (though luckily heavily indicated as deadly). The event also took away some fuel and possibly some supplies. So there I was with 20 fuel and 20 supplies far away from Fallen London in dark and unexplored waters. Luckily, I managed to make it back alive after making a little detour to the Khanites for some of their overpriced fuel, but it was one hell of a scare.

I have no idea why this happened? Does anyone have a clue?

You sailed off the eastern edge of the map. A similar event occurs for each cardinal direction, each of which marks your captain with a particular Accomplishment – in this case, the Mark of the East.

Is this by any chance an old savegame from quite some time back? I’m asking because…

…this should only happen if you zail east out off the map, but on a quite old game of mine it could happen, rather randomly, also if I entered certain map tiles, most notably the Chelonate. If that’s a comparably old game you’re playing there that might be the thing.

Is this by any chance an old savegame from quite some time back? I’m asking because…

…this should only happen if you zail east out off the map, but on a quite old game of mine it could happen, rather randomly, also if I entered certain map tiles, most notably the Chelonate. If that’s a comparably old game you’re playing there that might be the thing.[/quote]

I suppose, that’s what it is.

It can be repeated if I sail to the same spot. If I sail further north it doesn’t seem to happen. I reached Irem that way. I’ll have to do some further testing to see how big the spot that triggers it is.

With me it was quasi-random, triggering most of the time (but not always) with tiles supposed to be on the east border. Seemed to make a difference from which direction I entered them, and as mentioned was not clearly reproducable. I believe it is inherent to that old savegame, so the only way to actually get rid of the problem is presumably to start a new game.

Apart from zailing off the Saltier edge, it can also happen if you pray to the wrong mothersalter.

Try 0 fuel, 0 supplies, and losing your mind (because screw the polize).

Had to resort to stalactiting beyond half crew for fuel, peckishly unnacounting for supplies, and officer shuffling to min-max stats and be able to engage in gay sex to prevent a riot. Reached London with 2 crew and 98 terror, but no riot midways.

9/10 would lose it again.

Not sure if you can even have a riot with two crew?

True disciple of diligence that I am, I tested that right now.

(Went South in Adam’s Way, then all the way back to London with lights off, picking up a volunteer at Demeaux Island en route.)

The answer is: NO. You can’t.

I know I know, but I was quite the amount of time between the riot treshold and halve crew. Not to say, those pesky tentacles can, and will, pick you up one by one 'til only the ship remains to ghost around.

[quote=Mr. Mister]Apart from zailing off the Saltier edge, it can also happen if you pray to the wrong mothersalter.

Try 0 fuel, 0 supplies, and losing your mind (because screw the polize).

Had to resort to stalactiting beyond half crew for fuel, peckishly unnacounting for supplies, and officer shuffling to min-max stats and be able to engage in gay sex to prevent a riot. Reached London with 2 crew and 98 terror, but no riot midways.

9/10 would lose it again.[/quote]

That’s terrible. It was not quite that bad for me, luckily. Glad you survived. I just hope that when I kill off this Captain, the next map won’t have those buggy areas.