[Spoilers] What's the deal with Jack of Smiles?

I recently drew the ‘Death of an Anarchist’ card, and the Fierce Revolutionary mentions he &quotThinks he’s gonna be Jack soon.&quot What exactly does that mean?

What do you think it means? You’ll get concrete answers much later on, but this is a hint at the true nature of Jack-of-Smiles.

Jack-of-Smiles can be anyone.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]What do you think it means? You’ll get concrete answers much later on, but this is a hint at the true nature of Jack-of-Smiles.

Jack-of-Smiles can be anyone.

I get that, but I was more asking if it was like, a mind control ghost, or crazy people, or some kind of disease.
edited by hellaGumshoe on 7/13/2016

No one really knows. It just so happens that every now and then someone picks up a knife and goes on a rampage. Depending on how strong the person is, this can end up being a serial killing spree or just some minor harassment.

Of course, there IS an explanation, but you’ll only find it much later, and I don’t want to spoil.
If you really want to know, send me a PM.
edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 7/13/2016

You will get a chance much later in game to solve Jack’s mystery, with several stats above 100.

In my opinion, that particular story is much better enjoyed by playing it through yourself rather than being told the answer. :-)

(Having said that, the spoilers listed here are accurate, and I’ve gotta say - I do appreciate how they’ve been worded. ^_^ )
edited by Kittenpox on 7/13/2016

Uh, can’t wait to finish other plans that I current have and start that story.
If I’m right, the Fate option just adds more levels to the whole story, right? For example, instead of jumping from level 6 to level 13, this option let’s you go through those levels?
edited by Skinnyman on 7/13/2016

Its an alternative investigation with a completely different storyline.

Which I happen to just have finished. I won’t spoil too much, but a statue is involved.