[Spoilers] SMEN Redux: What I know so far

I was doing the same and that card also disappeared - I would like to know if the requirements have changed.

Yes the exact same thing happened to me, an Individual. I’ve not drawn another Ace since then…

I remember someone saying seeking St Beau’s Candle could bring you a permanent death, actually. So that’s fun. I believe it cost… 50 fate and some tickets, and just gets rid of your character, probably. Failbetter said at one point they’d ‘de-fang’ eaten, just a bit, so that’s probably gone.

I remember someone saying seeking St Beau’s Candle could bring you a permanent death, actually. So that’s fun. I believe it cost… 50 fate and some tickets, and just gets rid of your character, probably. Failbetter said at one point they’d ‘de-fang’ eaten, just a bit, so that’s probably gone.[/quote]
Well, it was clearly labled, with no way to accidentally do it, and lots of warnings- plus, it didn’t actually work.

Well, if the process of getting the candle is the same thing as before, pack a lot of moon pearls, for the meeting, after you take the option on the card. last time, you needed at least 3300, and more was better.

I can confirm that the Unaccountable Peckish card Marsh Mired options increase SMEN once TTH has cleared the Marh Mired quality. I’ve updated the first post to reflect this. Still no sign of the ACE OF HUNGERS though.

I wonder if it was removed because you could basically squat at UP 1 and slowly grind up SMEN at a low cost every week without having to deal with the nastier cards like the TWO OF BATS. As it stands it seems the cheapest way to gain SMEN is to use a Starveling Cat to crank up your Unaccountably Peckish, wait for a Marsh Mired option that doesn’t hurt too much, then tank UP again by Taking Refreshments at the Labyrinth of Tigers until Time the Healer clears your Marsh Mired and repeat. I guess we’ll see how long that works though. The UP cards probably have a cap.

EDIT: Never mind, just drew the ACE OF HUNGERS again. Requirements remain unchanged. I’m guessing someone was messing around in the back end and accidentally triggered the discard by changing the requirements or something.
edited by An Individual on 6/9/2016

The unusual frequency card of Dr. Shlomo: The Interpreter of Dreams - had in the past an option when speaking about sea dreams. That option (according wiki) required SMEN 2-5 and has Impossible! on it.
I have SMEN 7 (SEVENSEVENSEVENSEVEN) and did not even see that option. Only wasted an Extraordinary Implication to open those options.
You could try and venture at another SMEN level, though I did not see that option at all.