[Spoilers] Flint and Exploring the Elder Continent

Greetings! Forgive if this is against the rules but I really wished to compare notes regarding the exceptional story of Flint - I have covered the bulk of it, and await return to London on a steamer. I have a number of questions… That I hope someone can reveal to me either by post to private message…

I perhaps did not pay too close attention to the words of the Bishops - but you will forgive that men with his cast (even stolen as it is) can be rather distracting to a bohemian as myself… But I do recall his warnings of the Thief-of-Faces, a creature of home I thought imprisoned within the prison of Flint and yet I don’t recall seeing anything like that… Did I miss something or mishear in my debauched ogling? The Beasts of Caution said he was following but I saw no such thing, if I had I would have invited him in for a glass of wine.

Further, it was by my choice that a life was saved rather hold on to a piece of primitive cutlery or acquire some equally primitive set of words - I did later recover the words as well but not the knife, is it recoverable? Or rather, did I miss a chance to recover it?

During my journey I saw many a queer thing including bees who fed on tears and paintings I seemed to bring to life with my poet’s ennui and yet I hear rumor that perhaps there was something more tangible to bring back with me? I also awoke a few agents of the great game, a Khanate with a spear, a dead rat, a vile snuffer, and a sad man who died over loss of his love… Were there others? I am always paranoid about the things I left behind… But at the same time I feel worried for wasting time if I spend too much time lingering… Also, I had suggestion that the quality of chertiness I had been afflicted with was bad but I seemed only to lose out by curing it with wolf’s milk, rather frustrating.

My most important question of all however - is - was that really Flint? A Winery? For a moment I could of swore it was a rest stop… New Gate could learn a thing or two by being so pleasant a place to be… Would be it be so hard for them to install a meadow? Even if it is a bloody one. Nothing inspires calm serenity like a meadow.

OK, I’m going to spoiler all of this…

I don’t think there was any piece of content that let you actually see the Thief-of-Faces… I might be wrong here, but I didn’t see anything like that on anyone’s profile. The Thief-of-Faces is still imprisoned, and that’s probably a good thing.

Again, not 100% sure, but I believe you can keep only the one or the other.

You should have a vial of something special in your inventory (under Curiosities).

No, I think that’s all of them.

I don’t think we got to see the prison itself. That’s where the other woman - the one from the Order Vespertine - went, and I saw no option to follow her.

To everyone reading this: If I did miss something and there was a way to actually meet the Thief-of-Faces, I’d appreciate a PM!

[quote=Rupho Schartenhauer]OK, I’m going to spoiler all of this…

[spoiler]

I don’t think there was any piece of content that let you actually see the Thief-of-Faces… I might be wrong here, but I didn’t see anything like that on anyone’s profile. The Thief-of-Faces is still imprisoned, and that’s probably a good thing.

Again, not 100% sure, but I believe you can keep only the one or the other.

You should have a vial of something special in your inventory (under Curiosities).

No, I think that’s all of them.

I don’t think we got to see the prison itself. That’s where the other woman - the one from the Order Vespertine - went, and I saw no option to follow her.

To everyone reading this: If I did miss something and there was a way to actually meet the Thief-of-Faces, I’d appreciate a PM!

[/spoiler][/quote]

Regarding the vial of something I am returning with - yes I have that. However I meant in regards to something from the bees whom made nest on my person briefly and of the men I seemed to will to life with my tears. I thought that might earn me something more than the momentary increasing of my party’s numbers.

[spoiler]About the Huz: I don’t know, unfortunately I was out of the Forest before I could pursue that story further.
There were no further rewards from the youth and the maiden in the Forest.

Edit: Apparently, there is a way to regain both Word and Knife.[/spoiler]
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 1/31/2016

While I’m not completely sure, I think that as long as we don’t go into too much detail we’re fine (with spoiler tags) in any thread. The Fate-locked content thread is less for dicussions than for asking for PMs providing rather specific pieces of information (as I understand it).

I have Knapt, Word, and Woman in Yellow in my inventory. There is most certainly a way.

Would you care to tell me more? Did you have to work with the vile character toward the end?

Additionally there was one more thing I wanted to ask everyone - it so happens that the Bishop gave me a shard of something holy to aid me on my quest… Did it? Should I have… Done something with it? I still seem to have it carefully stowed in my most holy of compartments.

Answered in PM because no good way to tell it without several spoilers.

This is so fraught with spoilers that it’s difficult to discuss it in detail but I’ll try to do so as compactly and obliquely as I can as I think both Penelope and Rupho have misunderstood certain aspects of the story. Also, Penelope, I think you should edit your original post to cover most of it in a spoiler box - probably everything after the first paragraph.

1. The Beasts did not say that the Thief was following you. They were referring to another character.
  2. The place that you discover is indeed the Prison. That much is made explicit several times.
  3. The Prison is indeed a prison. But whether it ever was a prison for the Thief is left ambiguous. Certainly the Thief is not there when you get there.
  4. The other character discovered some clues as to the Thief’s whereabouts and is pursuing it there (but she certainly knows that she 's been to the Prison and the Thief wasn’t there).

edited by genesis on 1/31/2016

Oh, I’m sure you’ve met the Thief of Faces if you played through all three Heart’s Blood stories.

You just didn’t know it at the time; but then, who does?

Would you care to tell me more? Did you have to work with the vile character toward the end?

Additionally there was one more thing I wanted to ask everyone - it so happens that the Bishop gave me a shard of something holy to aid me on my quest… Did it? Should I have… Done something with it? I still seem to have it carefully stowed in my most holy of compartments.[/quote]

I believe that you have to work with her, but then change your mind at the final moment.

edited by zhirzzh on 1/31/2016

Who exactly is the Thief of Faces meant to be anyway? It just seems to be one of those things that characters mention out of nowhere without explaining. Obviously it’s a Snuffer, but I really don’t know what to make of it.

There is a very explicit and unambiguous explanation of what the Thief of Faces is if you ask the Bishop about him at the end. He is not a Snuffer.
edited by genesis on 2/6/2016