[spoiler?] Both choices lead to Death :O

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this, or if this is just due to hidden RNG:

I allowed the frozen corpse onto my stellar locomotive and, after a few things, began resisting his requests. Now he’s asked whether or not I’d allow him to captain the ship. Either choice results in my captain dying.

Intentional? Bad hidden RNG? Pretty frustrating, as this captain was doing rather well.

My guess is intentional, UNLESS you’re not at Max terror, condition 5.

When your terror gauge fills for the final time, I think there are a few possible outcomes. I’ve run across that choice at that terror level before.
edited by A Parliament of Hounds on 9/23/2017

[quote=A Parliament of Hounds]My guess is intentional, UNLESS you’re not at Max terror, condition 5.

When your terror gauge fills for the final time, I think there are a few possible outcomes. I’ve run across that choice at that terror level before.
edited by A Parliament of Hounds on 9/23/2017[/quote]

Yeah, I checked and I am at max terror. That’s unfortunate, but a good lesson. It also highlights that continued work needs to be put into ways to reduce terror on the go, and also that there needs to be some new cues that terror is hitting new heights. I don’t mind the bar in the HUD at all, but maybe some of Failbetter’s clever writing could float up or otherwise be injected to remind you, because I found it very easy to forget about.

[color=#6666ff]Greetings ZeroMGA,[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]As A Parliament of Hounds pointed out, if your Condition is 5 and your Terror gauge reaches maximum, then sadly that frozen corpse is there to signal your Captain’s untimely end. [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]We’ve got a lot more planned for Terror, and it’s clear we need to tweak things to make Terror gain more intuitive. With that in mind I’d like to invite you over to our Focused Feedback thread on Terror to let us know your thoughts on the mechanic, as well as give you a peak into what we are currently working on[/color]