Spite's drunks have surprisingly good loot

Note: I may have been running around spite finding drunken calvary officers. I may have also found that one had a tasseled sword-cane. It is purely a coincidence that I now own my first tasseled sword-cane.

the drunks of spite carry a lot of good stuff in their pockets. Officers can have canes, wretches give honey a lot, and you net a nifty two and a half echoes for failing to rob a rat. Also, they are all extremely grindable (besides the rat because of the someone is coming cost)

Maybe rats could actually be a good grind, like so:

1. Grind SiC into the sky
  2. Repeatedly fail to rob the rat
  3. Profit(?)

If there is a constable reading this, I swear that this is all just an idea. I am not the one who robbed an entire regiment. It is purely a coincidence.

[quote=GamerGallade]Note: I may have been running around spite finding drunken calvary officers. I may have also found that one had a tasseled sword-cane. It is purely a coincidence that I now own my first tasseled sword-cane.

the drunks of spite carry a lot of good stuff in their pockets. Officers can have canes, wretches give honey a lot, and you net a nifty two and a half echoes for failing to rob a rat. Also, they are all extremely grindable (besides the rat because of the someone is coming cost)

3. Profit(?)

If there is a constable reading this, I swear that this is all just an idea. I am not the one who robbed an entire regiment. It is purely a coincidence.[/quote]

I find the officers as a blessing for my young alt. It’s racking lots of wounds at the Docks and having extra bottles of tinctures is extremely handy.

Well, good news (or bad news first), but the Rat actually gets better after awhile:

First off there’s a fabulous rare success. I’ve been waiting for it but haven’t gotten lucky with it yet.

That said, when you’re able to succeed at it normally, the reward are [#Shadowy (including equipment) / 2] x Fistful of Surface Currency. I just did the math (hooray) and once you’re level 166+, the success will pay off greater than the failure - though that’s a bit of a gap there in between where you won’t be able to fail but won’t get more than 2.5 (and Wounds, less we forget).

Problem is Grinding Someone is Coming into the sky is not easy, and not trimming your deck to remove undesirable connections may prevent you from drawing better cards (higher on). But! Enjoy your delightful failure while it lasts :)

The rare success in question, for those who don’t know, is about a 1% chance of a Ratwork Watch - the best Watchful weapon outside professions and 460 echoes from the Bazaar.

[quote=GamerGallade]Note: I may have been running around spite finding drunken calvary officers. I may have also found that one had a tasseled sword-cane. It is purely a coincidence that I now own my first tasseled sword-cane.

3. Profit(?)

If there is a constable reading this, I swear that this is all just an idea. I am not the one who robbed an entire regiment. It is purely a coincidence.[/quote]
Wretches pay out so little honey you’re better off doing a proper grind and using the echoes to buy honey, especially when you note the best result is an average of 1.02 echoes, and the bad results are 4 pence and &quot25 pence in unconvertible items&quot. i might find it worthwhile, but only if i needed a large number of first city coins quickly- and most people have no interest in hoarding those.

robbing the calvary officers is always tolerable, and late-game can be comparable with other good-but-sub-optimal grinds, even without the rare success, but i don’t really reccomend it.

Rats- are good, if you have SiC, but that’s card-based.

[quote=Pyrodinium]
I find the officers as a blessing for my young alt. It’s racking lots of wounds at the Docks and having extra bottles of tinctures is extremely handy.[/quote]

I was robbing them for the exact same reason when I found the sword cane. Shame it’s only half full.

[quote=GamerGallade][quote=Pyrodinium]
I find the officers as a blessing for my young alt. It’s racking lots of wounds at the Docks and having extra bottles of tinctures is extremely handy.[/quote]

I was robbing them for the exact same reason when I found the sword cane. Shame it’s only half full.[/quote]

&quotOh no Constable, my good sir! I was simply collecting these half-empty and smelly bottles. Nobody wants London to be knee deep in rats yes? I was just doing my part as a law abiding citizen serving under Her Enduring Majesty’s domain.&quot

&quotOh the sword cane, oh yes I was helping a poor dead person and have to pry this loose from his chest to keep him from permanently dying. Where is he now? Oh the poor fellow has to go to the Tomb-Colonies due to his wounds. If you want, you can come with me and personally check if he’s doing well.&quot

I abused that Cavalry Officer so much before I became a POSI. He single-handedly kept me alive before I had friends on the forums. I even got a sword cane once, which was nice.

i got the watch twice so far but never the cane. damn RNG keeps locking it out with the “airs”.