Sphinx Stone, Bright-Eyed Sequencer and Lionised

[li]Hi, first post here, hello to all
[li]It had been a while since I last played and I recently reinstalled and started a new game after the Sapphire release. A lot had changed since my last play, such as the Tomb Colonist runs being done away with and I hadn’t tried the new combat at all. Anyway I was lucky enough to get the Salt Lions not too far from London so I started grinding that a bit so I could buy some new weapons and a few rats to get out there and make sure my inexperience with the combat wouldn’t hinder me too much when I got far out to zee. All was going well and I’d bought a few bits and pieces and decided I would make one last run to get some money together for fuel and supplies, silly me. I got to the Salt Lions, bought my stone and quit. The next day (Tuesday) I loaded up and had some new stories to download so I did, then I set off to London and it autosaved as I docked. I’m guessing it’s from the new stories, but now the option to offload my stone is gone, and instead I have a quality of 14 &quotLionised&quot(which has the same icon pic of the Salt Lions as the sphinx stone did) and the option of The Bright-Eyed Sequencer, that requires Lionised 10-49 and 1x Key of Mouths which I don’t have (Though If I remember rightly from a previous play that may have something to do with the Genial Magician, I could be wrong). Anyway, I can’t choose that option and I now have a hold full of stone and not a lot of money, I could dump it and risk a run to find more cash to stock up for a big explore, but it seems such a waste. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has taken that storyline further and can give me any hints, will finding a key of mouths and progressing that line allow me to sell the stone in my hold, or have I reached a trade limit that’s been implemented, or has my game just glitched and the option disappeared? Any info would be appreciated.
[li]

[li]Cheers Kris

Hey Kris, welcome to the forums, I had the same problem on my last captain, ended up sailing around with 59 chunks of stone in the cargo hold that I couldn’t get rid of, there’s a fix on the way for it and a new storyline as far as I’m aware, but it hasn’t arrived yet. Bit of a problem for those of us who do lots of stone runs, but it is still a work in progress. Haven’t seen anything to do with a key of mouths myself, but it’s like a number of the keys that are needed out there, they may well be out there, but I haven’t seen anything of them.

Sorry there’s no better news, but glad to have you with us, keep sailing :)

Hi, cheers for the quick reply, yeah I knew there are certain keys and placeholder keys out there, just wasn’t sure if now I needed this one to progress this. Guess not, if it’s a bug other people have had(Though maybe this is the fix). Suppose I should look at the positives though, it’ll stop me from getting tempted to do &quotjust one more run&quot and end up spending another 2 hours greedily hoarding echoes until I have enough to take most of the risk from the game. Though I’d have liked not to waste the stone I have, but I have no room for fuel :( Suppose I could just give up my invictus token and dump it before going for a wander into the unknown, then come back later if It proves ill, I’m curious to know what this Lionised quality is now, the profitability of the sphinx stone may have a dark consequence which leave me regretting ferrying any of it after all… Oooooh lol.

Happy sailing to you too :)[li]
edited by Kris370 on 12/11/2014

All things to those who wait for them :) Try the tomb colonists in venderbight again, that’s a good source of income now :)

Just a head’s up if you haven’t seen it yet: the newest content for Sunless Sea adds an ending to the Sphinxstone story (and you can offload your cargo and net a very tidy profit).

Haven’t got to the end of that one yet, some part of me figured that it might remove the salt lions as a landmark and I didn’t want to do that :)

Well, I’m at Irem, and I have no idea what exactly I’m supposed to do with my Sphinxstone. I remember Penstock saying I’m supposed to sink it, but how?

Edit: After the latest update, it works now! I didn’t get an Legacy Item though, so it’s probably at another ending.
edited by Curious Foreigner on 12/15/2014

Rocket Heeled Jack - well they don’t disappear but the option of what to do there changes.

Curious Foreigner - Sorry I don’t know as that wasn’t where Penstock sent me, what I had to do with it popped up as soon as I entered port. But apparently there are 6 possible endings so I hope someone else can help.

Edit - I meant to ask has anyone found the Easter Egg legacy yet? If so I would love a PM
edited by reveurciel on 12/14/2014

[quote=lady ciel ]Rocket Heeled Jack - well they don’t disappear but the option of what to do there changes.
[/quote]

That’ll do, as long as there’s still some lions to drift past, that’ll do :)

[quote=lady ciel ]Rocket Heeled Jack - well they don’t disappear but the option of what to do there changes.

Curious Foreigner - Sorry I don’t know as that wasn’t where Penstock sent me, what I had to do with it popped up as soon as I entered port. But apparently there are 6 possible endings so I hope someone else can help.

Edit - I meant to ask has anyone found the Easter Egg legacy yet? If so I would love a PM
edited by reveurciel on 12/14/2014[/quote]

I’ve not encountered anything yet which would suggest there’s a story as such with the sphinxstone - I’ve just been running a LOT of it. Would you mind letting me know how to start the story?

Keep running Sphinxstone. Someone else with an agenda concerning it will appear in London at some point.

Great, thanks CF!

If someone could PM me what to do to get the easter egg for this quest, I would be very thankful.

I don’t think any one has got it yet … at least if they have they are not sharing. I would still love to know as well.