Something Wakes. Flee its gaze, quickly!

While exploring, I found a tile where &quotSomething forgotten is here.&quot

I then found an enormous eye and got the message: &quotSomething Wakes. Flee its gaze, quickly!&quot

I naturally parked my boat directly on top of the eye and waited to see what would happen. Unfortunately, nothing happened.

Has anyone found a way to wake the eye or draw its attention or whatever? Or is that going to be in a later build?

On an unrelated note, is there anything to do at the gigantic spider colony to the far east?

So tell us, why would you want to wake something whos eye is bigger than the very ship you’re standing on and what exactly makes that a good idea? Just imagine the size of the teeth.

Thank the Salt nothing will happen besides it terrifies your sailors into mutiny very very quick.

Not yet, you can purchase cheap spidersilk from the eyeless islanders also there are rumours the dreaded Tree of Ages will roam there soon.

This was actually one of my favorite moments in exploring Sunless Sea. My friends and I were always wondering what we’d see next, and this one got quite a reaction out of us. I admit the terror spike is sufficient at this stage of the build, but I imagine more than one tester has literally parked over it just to see what happens.

I supposed eventually either the crew should mutiny, or you should get a rather interesting &quotend of game&quot storylet…
[li]
edited by SouthSea Rutherby on 10/17/2014

It would be pretty amazing to see ones ship perish in a moment that is a blend of the Jaws movie poster and an eldrich abomination, all narrated in the eloquent words of our dear Alexis. But I think so far it’s just a eastereggy reward for exploring the emptyness.

I’m quite curious if and how they’ll implement huge beasties like those whose remains rot around the Chelonate or the thing the eye belongs to.
edited by MatthewtheMagnificent on 10/17/2014

On a related note, I find the zee mostly harmless. A shark there, a pirate there, and not much else. I cruised up to the Chelonate in the starting steamer (with upgraded engine and one extra cheap gun) and even with light off (to spare fuel), my terror stayed manageable and I got no ugly event or encountered any special monsters. After having discovered several new islands, I returned to Fallen London and parked my ship. I’m not too sure I appreciated the safe tour in fact. This seemed too tranquil and harmless in the end.

In the old system for Terror you had to hug the coastlines and pick &quotthe lights stay on&quot as a madness mantra unless you wanted the crews knifes at your throat or a halfimaginary tentacle picking them off the deck like crisps out of the bowl. So most veteran zailors love the new one dearly.

It is a little empty I agree, mostly because realtime combat is still a work in progress. It should get a little more crowded and deadly soon according to the roadmap.

For a little challenge, thrill and enemys that can’t be beaten by highly strategical reverse steaming start by messing with Khanate Trimarans, try hunting some Flukes or go toe to toe with Mt. Nomad.

Right now this is the other way, Terror is super-easy to manage really. If I’m able to cruise almost all the length of the map with the light off and without issue, there is a problem.

Has anyone tried using a Strange Catch to see if you can make it surface?

[quote=MatthewtheMagnificent]In the old system for Terror you had to hug the coastlines and pick &quotthe lights stay on&quot as a madness mantra unless you wanted the crews knifes at your throat or a halfimaginary tentacle picking them off the deck like crisps out of the bowl. So most veteran zailors love the new one dearly.

It is a little empty I agree, mostly because realtime combat is still a work in progress. It should get a little more crowded and deadly soon according to the roadmap.
[/quote]

Where is this roadmap of which you speak?

Here 'tis. It’s a couple of weeks out of date right at the moment, but it gives you a sense of development progress.

Neat! And thanks!

I like how &quotAmbitions and Legacies&quot has a typographical error so it reads like 9% instead of 90%.

[i]MAN! They sure are going to add a LOT more ambitions! Still to-do: Ambition to be a Zee-Monster Taxidermist, Ambition to collect Back Taxes from Grand Geode, Ambition to Seduce the Fathomking with your skill at dancing, Ambition to have the sexiest dream at Irem, Ambition to get the Wretched Mog to fall in love again, Ambition to convince the Admiralty to abandon supremacy and just be happy for once . . .

[/i]Though, according to that roadmap, what MatthewtheMagnificent isn’t quite right either. Apparently combat is &quotComplete&quot (or &quotcompletely reworked&quot), not a &quotwork in progress&quot.

edited by MisterGone on 3/3/2015

I’m reasonably certain that’s the eye you dream about when you have nightmares. It must have another purpose.

Also Giant Eyes that make you feel like an insignificant gnat in an unimaginably huge universe are cool!

[quote=MisterGone]Neat! And thanks!

I like how &quotAmbitions and Legacies&quot has a typographical error so it reads like 9% instead of 90%.

[i]MAN! They sure are going to add a LOT more ambitions! Still to-do: Ambition to be a Zee-Monster Taxidermist, Ambition to collect Back Taxes from Grand Geode, Ambition to Seduce the Fathomking with your skill at dancing, Ambition to have the sexiest dream at Irem, Ambition to get the Wretched Mog to fall in love again, Ambition to convince the Admiralty to abandon supremacy and just be happy for once . . .

[/i]Though, according to that roadmap, what MatthewtheMagnificent isn’t quite right either. Apparently combat is &quotComplete&quot (or &quotcompletely reworked&quot), not a &quotwork in progress&quot.

edited by MisterGone on 3/3/2015[/quote]

Personally, I would love to see some new ambitions – Zong of the Zee is just too much work to do more than once, and Father’s Bones is the same thing over and over, so I pretty much just do &quotwealth&quot over and over and that gets kind of old after a while. The Kingdom one is great, but a few others would great, too. Yours, however, are hilarious. ^^;

[li]