So I have to cheat on my wife to progress?

So, possibly much to my lady-love’s shock, the moment I pledged my troth to the Celebrated Artist’s model, I forsook the wanton, ravishing ways of my pre-nuptial life and settled down to wedded bliss.

Yet I find that the Veteran Privy Counselor expects, NAY!, encourages me to engage in the most debauched affairs before he lets me in on the true dark of the court of the Her Enduring Majesty (may Her enemies wither in Her Shadow!).

Am I missing something here, or is this truly the case (I have written many symphonies, but I am told that I require &quotother&quot accomplishments before I can move on, and I think I can guess what they are).
edited by Silas Shoregazer on 6/23/2016

Yes.

Lie back and think of England.

Art imitates real life.

[quote=Silas Shoregazer]So, possibly much to my lady-love’s shock, the moment I pledged my troth to the Celebrated Artist’s model, I forsook the wanton, ravishing ways of my pre-nuptial life and settled down to wedded bliss.

Yet I find that the Veteran Privy Counselor expects, NAY!, encourages me to engage in the most debauched affairs before he lets me in on the true dark of the court of the Her Enduring Majesty (may Her enemies wither in Her Shadow!).

Am I missing something here, or is this truly the case (I have written many symphonies, but I am told that I require &quotother&quot accomplishments before I can move on, and I think I can guess what they are).
edited by Silas Shoregazer on 6/23/2016[/quote]

It is worth to mention that all of the romance could be framed as you merely struggling for a reputation improvement, and not actual romance.

You can end Court relationships at the final stage without consummating them and still progress, but yes, you do have to pursue these dalliances.

Obviously a respectable family man is too busy attending to the needs of his wife and children to engage in the frivolous intrigues of court. Of course, only the veneer of respectability is necessary to participate in court life. ;)

It is very possible you are just enacting an extended play as a pair of actors for the bored courtiers…