Snail mail anyone? (Closed)

-Closed-

[color=990000]Important![/color] Replies to PMs have no email notification option, you must [color=0033CC]log back into the forum[/color] to see any responses (including any replies from your truly)
[color=CC0000]Important!![/color] If for any reason you no longer wish to exchange mail with me (though you have previously expressed an interest) that is alright! Merely inform me of this! I will not berate you or do anything of the sort. Just tell me, so that I would not be foolishly waiting for a response from a person who has obtained a case of the ghosties.

I would like to exchange snail mail with someone. By that I mean not in-game letters, but real post.
I am interested in either RP (roleplay) letters from one Fallen London character to another, or ordinary letters, or both!

Edit: the entire chain cleaned-up, shortened, and a new post to elaborate on RP letters.
edited by Mad-as-a-Hatter on 1/27/2022
edited by Mad-as-a-Hatter on 3/25/2022

Still from the inceptor of this thread, some information about my experience with letter writing:

• How long have I been writing letters? - Since 2013, on-and-off for 9 years.[/li][/ul] [ul][li]Where have I sent letters to? - Primarily from continental Europe to the UK and US[/li][/ul] [ul][li]How long have you waited for letters (am I patient)? - I can wait and take my time, the longest I’ve waited for a response is three years.[/li][/ul] [ul][li]What sort of letters do I write? - I try to compose ornate letters and often take part in drawing exchanges alongside with the written correspondence (post below)

This Frankenstein’ed image includes the first page of an actual letter I’ve mailed, and my artwork as well as a story I‘ve written and then transcribed onto paper:

RP letters, ideas?

I’ve devised a way to introduce our character without them having to introduce themselves. The first letters could be reports/findings/what-have-yous as written by the recipient‘s informant. To elaborate, you would receive a letter from me detailing Lord Hatter (my character) as described by your &quotinformant&quot (a character of your choice), and you would send a letter in the same spirit. Does that make sense?
I can provide a random example (non-binding, this is just an example): your character knows a reformed urchin (I could mimic a shakily written cursive, since school-taught cursive would be shaky for me – I haven’t used it since primary) and requested a report on Lord Hatter from said child. This report would be the first letter.
Why the characters are researching one another – I do not know, but I find this way of introducing them to be an intriguing exercise.

Do you have any suggestions? A better idea? Do tell me!

Ordinary [non-RP] letters, what would they be like?

I am not especially interested in deeply personal letters or some kind of daily reports. While I can lend an ear should you need it - that is not what I seek in letter-writing. I am riveted by interests and hobbies, movies, and books, and art, and a thousand utterly random queries/answers!

Should you have any queries, I will try to satisfy your curiosity. Or should you wish to exchange mail with me – do let me know~
Post your queries here, or PM me, or contact me in-game (my character’s name is Mad-as-a-Hatter) – whichever you choose is quite alright with me. Just don‘t forget to tell me if you reconsider, ghosting is quite vexing! :)