Silverer Profession Not an Option

I followed the instructions to become a Silverer laid out in the &quotParabola (Guide)&quot Wiki, but when I go to choose a new profession (from Mystic), Silverer wasn’t an option and I lost my Favourable Circumstance. Is there an extra step I needed to take?

Not sure if relevant, but I already have the Parabolan Base Camp.

Thanks,

mon-cul

Have you begin the quest of “Embroiled in the Wars of Illusion” which involves cats and bats of the Flit? You’d need to reach level 6, with five points of notability.

You must already be a Mystic and have Notability 5.

You can’t immediately become a Silverer from another tier 1 or tier 2 profession.

I became a Silverer before unlocking/entering the Parabola.

Finally, it’s a chancy thing to get promoted from Mystic to Silverer. According to the wiki, 205 Persuasive only gives a 41% success rate. No need to squander the Favourable Circumstance unless you are really desperate or it’s near the end of the week (Time the Healer visiting).

Yes, I appear to have the necessary qualifications:

Notability: 5
Embroiled: 25

I was a Mystic, but resigned b/c I thought you couldn’t choose a Profession if you already had one. Should I have stayed a Mystic and it would have given me an “upgrade” option?

[quote=mon-cul]Yes, I appear to have the necessary qualifications:

I was a Mystic, but resigned b/c I thought you couldn’t choose a Profession if you already had one. Should I have stayed a Mystic and it would have given me an &quotupgrade&quot option?[/quote]
You need to currently be a Mystic in order to become a Silverer.

You need to resign from your profession in order to switch &quottracks.&quot I.e. if you had wanted to become a Crooked-Cross, you would have had to resign and become a Trickster, and then upgrade. But within a track, you don’t resign. The Unsigned Message card gives you the opportunity to ascend.

[quote=mon-cul]Yes, I appear to have the necessary qualifications:

I was a Mystic, but resigned b/c I thought you couldn’t choose a Profession if you already had one. Should I have stayed a Mystic and it would have given me an &quotupgrade&quot option?[/quote]

Yes, you must be Mystic to become a Silverer. It’s like getting a promotion in your profession.

You only resign if you want to switch to another line of profession. Then you take on another tier 1 profession, and wait for the opportunity to upgrade to tier 2 of that line’s profession.

It’s exactly the same process by which you upgraded from Campaigner to Mystic, in fact.

Thank you, Fishandchips, I did not realize that. So now that I’m without a Profession, I’m assuming I have to start over at Tier 1?

Yep, unfortunately. Start as Campaigner (requires either 5 revolutionaries favors of 5 church favors, along with one minor quality, on the faction cards), then upgrade to mystic (requires 2 notability on the unsigned message card), then upgrade to Silverer (requires 5 notability on the unsigned message card, plus a super tough persuasive check).