Seven Murders: Am I On The Right Track? (SPOILERS)

Alright, so I just finished both the Cumberbold and Gloriana cases, and figured out Scathewick’s Correspondance Sigil. Now I’m at the point of choosing a suspect and figuring out where all this evidence leads to. Of course, there’s no fun if someone just tells me the right answer, but I’d appreciate it if someone could offer guidance as to whether my suspicions are accurate, or where I should investigate further if I’m wrong.

Here’s what I’ve gathered:

The Correspondance sigil rules out the Great Game, since no one on the Surface should know about it. And considering the pains it took me to keep the Correspondance stones out of Virginia’s hands, I suspect Hell doesn’t know enough about it to use it as a mark, either. I don’t know exactly what &quotNEROFT&quot means or who it points to, but I suspect it’s a sentence fragment. &quot…corNER OF The…&quot for example. (Turns out it was &quotAll manner of things…&quot) But the biggest clue I have is the uncrumpled, lacre-tainted Echo note I got from the Purveyor of Names. Lacre almost certainly points to the Bazaar. In addition, from what little I know about the other ambitions, they are all tied to the Bazaar in some way (Heart’s Desire and Bag a Legend, at least). It would seem strange if Nemesis wasn’t.

Any thoughts?
edited by MrUnderhill89 on 12/6/2014

I can say your suspicions seem to be quite good. Though the fun part actually begins after choosing the suspect group. ;)

There is one more possible clue to the whole thing- it involves the complication you needed to deal with

For whom do Jasper and Frank usually work?

&quotFun&quot indeed. :) &quotWait, another master fits that description? …oh God… oh dear God…&quot
Then again, I turned out to be wrong on that one. I guess nobody wants to see that great emptiness filled.

edited by MrUnderhill89 on 12/6/2014

I’m enjoying the new content so far. Taking my time, not rushing to the end.

Also, I might be mistaken, but I think this content provides the first in-game full list of all Masters. Was this listed officially elsewhere in-game?

BTW, has anyone got to this point and…

…accused one of the Masters without further (and expensive) evidence?

If so, I’d appreciate a reply (here or in PM) as to what the results of that might be (besides the cost of the action). I’m curious to try all of the options just to see the different results but I won’t do that if there are repercussions to a certain Connected level…

I picked the Mr Eaten option just to see the text, but it didn’t seem very specific to him. Didn’t pick any of the other incorrect choices because I suspected it was all the same text.

Thanks!
Was there any down side to the guess, other the spending An Identity Uncovered?

Nope, none for mine. I doubt there would be negative repercussions for the others either, since it’s just mulling information around in your head.

Most had the same text.

Hearts and Sacks had slighly different ones, but they weren’t particularly interesting - on the upside, they didn’t actually cost an identity uncovered. Forgot to check Chimes

edited by Szadovar on 12/7/2014

[quote=dov]I’m enjoying the new content so far. Taking my time, not rushing to the end.

Also, I might be mistaken, but I think this content provides the first in-game full list of all Masters. Was this listed officially elsewhere in-game?
(spoiler link)[/quote]

Mysteries link (the second last question, so no, there are less masters than those on this list.)

edited by Aximillio on 12/7/2014

Yeah, I know. But I consider all the Mysteries, while &quotofficial&quot by FBG, to be an out-of-game answer. The list of Masters shown in the new Ambition: Nemesis content is what the characters in Fallen London believe to be the full list of Masters.[/spoiler][/quote]

FYI, be careful when making the choice…

[spoiler]of Masters if you’re deducing the identity of the culprits one by one (instead of the expensive option to immediately know them both).
After choosing correctly one of the possibly guilty Masters, I’ve decided to see what would happen if my second guess would be that same Master again, and not the actual second possible culprit.

Well, as it so happens, selecting the same Master as both the first and second suspect locks the Ambition progress completely. I’m now in a weird state of having correctly made two deductions of Master culprits (so I can’t make another guess), yet I still haven’t identified two of them (so I can’t progress). The storylet is there with no options on it.

[/spoiler]

I’ve submitted a bug report.

Most players won’t encounter this, of course, because who would be foolish enough to try this? :-)