SEPTEMBER'S EXCEPTIONAL STORY: Cut with Moonlight

Not true, unless that is a recent change.[/quote]
Wait how can they be stolen if you don’t have a form? I thought you couldn’t get attacked if you didn’t have one.[/quote]
Mirrorsnatch is an exception.[/quote]
It actually was changed a few weeks ago. Now you have to have a form and be in the Iron League to be stolen from.
edited by Mimic on 8/28/2015

(re Mirrorsnatch)

Thanks for the update! And nice planning, FBG, in advance of this story.

Is there any point during the Exceptional Story in which someone can lose a Sun-Stamped Mirrorcatch Box or the Touch of Upstairs quality besides opening said box or failing one of the luck challenges associated with the quality?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 8/28/2015

Here’s a success on one of the Watchmaker’s Hill Upstairs visions, Hunt the Pale Dogs: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/an_ocelot?fromEchoId=6456654

and the other, Explore the Ruins: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/an_ocelot?fromEchoId=6456725
edited by an_ocelot on 8/28/2015

Successes on Veilgarden Upstairs options and the other Ladybones Road option, three in a row thank you RNG, start here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/an_ocelot?fromEchoId=6457211

I believe that’s all of them, successes anyway.
edited by an_ocelot on 8/28/2015

Can someone explain to me the Upstairs options and where they are? I am half tempted to just get high a Touch of Upstairs.

When you have the Upstairs Touch you can find storylets to explore that in Ladybones Road, Veilgarden, Spite, and Watchmaker’s Hill.

You know, I was thinking…is it possible that FBG purposefully put in the Buy a Box of Sunlight option as a small grind for those either with a bit of money or want a different one or something, or as a bit of a gamble? I mean, let’s look at it a second:

I’ve only played the Veilgarden one of a Upstairs Touch so far, but it seems to me that on one win of the march Along you can get a Touching love Story, worth 2.50. The average cost of a Sun Stamped MirrorCatch Box is 100 pennies and a bit of wounds, and you get a Vision of The Surface with it which is worth 50 pennies, so you can recoup hald the expense by selling it. If you are lucky enough to get the “Optimal” amount of I Vision and a Touching Love Story by getting one Box and then then usin the vision, one can get pretty much 3 Echoes for 2 actions, 100 pennies and maybe some wounds.

I don’t know for sure. I’m not good at math.

3 Actions, I was thinking through these numbers earlier. (One to buy the box, one to open it, and one for your vision) So that’s 2 echoes for 3 actions on success; you’re out 50 pence on a failure.

I think that bit is mostly there for people who’re willing to throw some echoes and actions away chasing story tidbits, but there’s enough reward that it’s not too punishing if you just casually check a few of them out.

Okay, I love the story. My alts all took different endings, none of them found anything unique (they’re all happy enough with what they did get, particularly the mirrorcatch boxes).

I did a quick search on Wikipedia to see if Septemberist was based on anything, and there have been a surprising (to me) number of groups with that title (i.e. more than one). The slaughter of criminals in the Paris prisons during the French Revolution, and the revolutionaries in Bulgaria both seem to have some correlation with the story.

My speculation:

What seems to have happened in the alternate story is that the deal struck between the Empress and the Bazaar was somehow stopped, and the Empress was exiled by a September revolution (possibly the other way around - a September revolution dethroning the Empress would certainly stop London from falling). There was a counter-revolution (for the Exiled Empress!) and a bit of a class struggle. Lots of sectarian violence, and marches (a la Northern Ireland?).

No idea about the pale dogs.

And, of course, it pays to remember that the moon does not give its own light. It’s just a mirror of the sun.

3 Actions, I was thinking through these numbers earlier. (One to buy the box, one to open it, and one for your vision) So that’s 2 echoes for 3 actions on success; you’re out 50 pence on a failure.

I think that bit is mostly there for people who’re willing to throw some echoes and actions away chasing story tidbits, but there’s enough reward that it’s not too punishing if you just casually check a few of them out.[/quote]

I don’t know if it would be profitable or not to be honest. I’m not much one for EPA and stuff. But it seems to me to be like a Mini Figiting Writer: You want to stock up on Upstairs and test your luck to get the most profit overall.

[quote=IHNIWTR]by the way, if anyone has echoed

blackmailing the Blind Bruiser at the end of the story, please link it. I’d really like to know what he’s been doing while &quotmoonlighting&quot

I chose this option. It made more sense RP wise for my character compared to the other options.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Blaine~Davidson?fromEchoId=6460565

Having completed this story I was a bit disappointed that despite saving the Meridian House and stopping the Graduate’s assassin I no longer have access to the Meridian House.

Had I known earlier I would have stockpiled more Sun-Stamped Mirrorcatch boxes. I’ll have to make due with the 2 I have left I guess.

Am I missing something obvious? I have Cut with Moonlight 55, but can’t see a way to raise it. After a bit of sunbathing there are some options available that have rewards if lucky, but I’m missing how to advance the story further.

[quote=RandomWalker]Okay, I love the story. My alts all took different endings, none of them found anything unique (they’re all happy enough with what they did get, particularly the mirrorcatch boxes).

I did a quick search on Wikipedia to see if Septemberist was based on anything, and there have been a surprising (to me) number of groups with that title (i.e. more than one). The slaughter of criminals in the Paris prisons during the French Revolution, and the revolutionaries in Bulgaria both seem to have some correlation with the story.[/quote]
I haven’t done the story so I am probably completely out of the target, but could it be a shoutout to the Russian Decembrists?

I’d rather assumed it was, along with other calendar and month-related matters with Fallen London’s anarchists, referencing the more general phenomena of there being several groups named after months; Septemberists, Octoberists, Decemberists.

I think that’s the point where you get sent out to other areas of London. Try visiting Spite, and if that doesn’t work, Watchmaker’s Hill.

Ah yes. I was indeed just missing something obvious (not scrolling through enough storylets).

[color=#ff9900]We’ve added options to buy Sun-Stamped Mirrorcatch Boxes for those people who have completed Cut with Moonlight. [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Depending on your final choice in the story, you’ll find the new option either on the Park and Palace: Society opportunity card, or the Alleys of London: the Criminals card.[/color]

[quote=Master Polarimini][quote=RandomWalker]Okay, I love the story. My alts all took different endings, none of them found anything unique (they’re all happy enough with what they did get, particularly the mirrorcatch boxes).

I did a quick search on Wikipedia to see if Septemberist was based on anything, and there have been a surprising (to me) number of groups with that title (i.e. more than one). The slaughter of criminals in the Paris prisons during the French Revolution, and the revolutionaries in Bulgaria both seem to have some correlation with the story.[/quote]
I haven’t done the story so I am probably completely out of the target, but could it be a shoutout to the Russian Decembrists?[/quote]

From wikipedia, it seems that in August and September of 1871 there were several radical demonstrations demanding the Queen be removed, after she had isolated herself for too long following the Prince Consort’s death.

I assume that in this alternate universe (where the bazaar and the neath exist but London was not chosen as the fifth city) these republican sentiments eventually manifested into an all-out revolution.

edited by IHNIWTR on 8/28/2015