Seen With and Spouses

My apologies if there’re other threads about this; I did a brief google search and forum trawl to no result.

The wife and I got married in game and have found that we’re no longer Seen With each other and can no longer become Seen With each other–I’d assume 'cuz we’re both off the menu now? So as a result of marriage, we can’t do Free Evening activities. Am I missing something? Are there any known workarounds to this? Or is it just a whoops moment?
edited by Shinnyshin on 3/31/2016

[quote=Shinnyshin]My apologies if there’re other threads about this; I did a brief google search and forum trawl to no result.

The wife and I got married in game and have found that we’re no longer Seen With each other and can no linger become Seen With each other–I’d assume 'cuz we’re both off the menu now? So as a result of marriage, we can’t do Free Evening activities. Am I missing something? Are there any known workarounds to this? Or is it just a whoops moment?[/quote]

My understanding though I have not tested it (being single myself) is that you can no longer do the courtship actions.

To the distress of committed partners everywhere, it will remain possible for you to be seen with anyone but your spouse and do &quotfree evening&quot social actions with them. Alas! Be sure to keep your spouse interested so they do not stray.

I understand that there may be free evening actions for married couples in the future.

I’m not aware of any, though I concluded my divorce (to an absent player) sometime after it became available.

If you happen to be an Exceptional Friend, there is an option at the House of Chimes, “The Private Rooms”, which might be a substitute , but alas I’m not aware of any spouse-specific options. Hopefully they become available soon.

The private room option at the House of Chimes feels so like a “rent by the hour” hotel room to me.

I’m not saying a married couple can’t enjoy a bit of risque play involving a seedy hotel room and some role-play, I’m just saying that it’s not really the equivalent of a respectable date.

[quote=absimiliard]The private room option at the House of Chimes feels so like a &quotrent by the hour&quot hotel room to me.

I’m not saying a married couple can’t enjoy a bit of risque play involving a seedy hotel room and some role-play, I’m just saying that it’s not really the equivalent of a respectable date.[/quote]

Ah. I hadn’t realized that the courtship opportunities are closed off (I just complained about ‘Seen with’ being removed in the feedback thread)… so basically, the options are ordinary dinners, checking out the mysteries of the Neath (again), sneaking around in a disreputable fashion , or assassination by appointment?

@Parelle: It occurs to me that seeing as all of this is really all related to love stories perhaps FBG doesn’t actually plan on releasing material for married couples.

After all, from the Bazaar’s viewpoint the really juicy bits of most love stories involving marriage would seem to come from the courtship period. It’s full of highs, and desperate lows, and striving, seeking, gaining, and hopefully not loss. Once married it must look tremendously boring to the Bazaar. {I should note, the Bazaar is stupid if it does believe that, though not as flighty as early love the love between an old couple that don’t even need to speak to hold a conversation is far, far, deeper – and to me far more valuable}

So maybe we don’t get married options because the Bazaar discourages it. (In a sort of weird meta Bazaar <> FBG kind of thing, call it an abominable cross-Chain amalgamation if it makes you feel better.)

Hopefully that’s me being to crazy for my own good, and not me being just crazy enough that it might be true. (because I want good married options, thx)
edited by absimiliard on 3/31/2016

It’s content that they’re planning to add, but haven’t gotten to yet.

I didn’t really believe my crazy theory Sara. I believe the Bazaar IS NOT, and I’m at least moderately sure FailBetter Games IS.

But you have to admit it’s a funny thing how it aligns…

[quote=absimiliard]The private room option at the House of Chimes feels so like a &quotrent by the hour&quot hotel room to me.

I’m not saying a married couple can’t enjoy a bit of risque play involving a seedy hotel room and some role-play, I’m just saying that it’s not really the equivalent of a respectable date.[/quote]

Fair point, actually.

[quote=Parelle]
Ah. I hadn’t realized that the courtship opportunities are closed off (I just complained about ‘Seen with’ being removed in the feedback thread)… so basically, the options are ordinary dinners, checking out the mysteries of the Neath (again), sneaking around in a disreputable fashion , or assassination by appointment?[/quote]

There is always chess and coffee, which seem perfectly suitable to date-like outings, depending on the conversation.