Seeing Through the Eyes of Icarus

Where can I raise this quality easily?

I don’t know about “easily” (it isn’t particularly “cheap”, for example), but converting a Glimpse of Something Larger into a Deal with a Devil in the Fidgeting Writer thread will increase Eyes of Icarus.

I couldn’t name the specific cards that do it, but I find it quite common to increase it through pursuing dreams.

You can get a nifty increase either examining graffiti in Moloch Street Station (Ladybones Road) and then choosing the Dream of a Vineyard, or getting the Rare result telling a Risqué joke at the Singing Mandrake (Veilgarden) and choosing either the admirer of your Surface work or the admirer of your most recent work. You have to wait about a week after the action before the choice becomes available, but it comes with a thorough increase in one main Quality too, as well as some other rewards.

Pedantic Jones - Too expensive for me.

Abraham Bounty - It’ll take a lot of time for me to raise this quality this way. (I’ll have to wait for the right cards)

streetfelineblue - My main qualities are all too high to do these storylets.

Are those all the options you can think of? Anyway, thank you for trying to help me.

Go to the mirror marsh. One of the options there increases it indefinitely. Gain memorys of light through crafting Luminosity items.

The Press and the Dutch option in the Foreign Quarter increases it.
For more options consult the other threads dealing with this exact topic.

[quote=Voodoo Master]Pedantic Jones - Too expensive for me.

Abraham Bounty - It’ll take a lot of time for me to raise this quality this way. (I’ll have to wait for the right cards)

streetfelineblue - My main qualities are all too high to do these storylets.

Are those all the options you can think of? Anyway, thank you for trying to help me.[/quote]

I don’t know how high your Qualities can be, but I’m at 117 Watchful and 115 Persuasive (without gear) and both options are still available to me.

Actually, you are NOT too high a level for those storylets. They never lock.

I’ve found there’s a number of opportunities at sea to raise eyes of icarus, and by sea, I mean islands. Hunter’s keep has a few, as well as a number of options while pursuing a scientific expedition.

Eyes of Icarus really isn’t something one can easily grind.

streetfelineblue - I’m very sorry. I didn’t realize they are storylets inside other storylets…

Urthdigger wrote:
[quote=]I’ve found there’s a number of opportunities at sea to raise eyes of icarus, and by sea, I mean islands. Hunter’s keep has a few, as well as a number of options while pursuing a scientific expedition.
Eyes of Icarus really isn’t something one can easily grind.[/quote]

I was afraid that this is the case. I guess that raising this quality slowly is better than not raising it at all. Thanks for your help anyway.

More like options in storylets. They take some patience, but when the message arrives they give you a LOT of CP. Warning: when time is due you’ll receive a warning in the Messages tab, with a button that will take you to the action selection storylet, so the relevant storlets will never appear in the Story tab until you click them in Messages, and disappear as soon as you’ve made your choice.
edited by streetfelineblue on 5/16/2012

Once you’re a person of some importance, the opportunity card that deals specifically with Eyes of Icarus that can be used to raise it.

If you allow your nightmares to reach 8 or higher you will go mad and you will recieve opportunity cards to raise the qualty.

Hunter’s keep has several goo options for this, some even give just 1 cent less than the ideal loot, so you get decent money. Just choose the last option in charades too.

Mine is up to 20. Is this good for anything anymore?

I think the highest you need right now is 15. But the related storylines aren’t over yet. So maybe in the future.