Secondary Characters

Does FBG have an ‘official’ policy on secondary personas, for the more MPD of us here? There doesn’t seem to be a great deal of opportunity for an unfair advantage from the second character, except for a safe source of social actions I guess. However, for the completist, multiple characters is the only way to experience ambitions, stories and branches that you opted not to take the first time.

I notice that some people appear to have them, reasonably openly. But, also aware that many games frown on multiple characters…

I’ve never read anything from FBG concerning the matter, so I guess it’s OK. I only use mine to play another ambition, and to pass the time when my first character has nothing to do.

[quote=REALJimBob]Does FBG have an ‘official’ policy on secondary personas, for the more MPD of us here? There doesn’t seem to be a great deal of opportunity for an unfair advantage from the second character, except for a safe source of social actions I guess. However, for the completist, multiple characters is the only way to experience ambitions, stories and branches that you opted not to take the first time.

I notice that some people appear to have them, reasonably openly. But, also aware that many games frown on multiple characters…[/quote]

The closest I’ve come to an “official position” on it is their blog post:
http://blog.failbettergames.com/post/A-million-flowers.aspx