Second stage of the feast?

I’m just a little worried, I guess. Last year the Feast has advanced to its second stage (where masquing could be traded for companions) within a couple of days, IIRC. It’s been almost a full week now and the Lady in Lilac hasn’t appeared yet. I’m probably fretting for nothing, but I want to make sure that with the hubbub of Sunless Sea and its updates, no one forgot to &quotflip the switch&quot on the second phase of the feast :).

I’m pretty sure the feast started last friday so it has not been a full week yet :P

that’s why I said almost

[li]Lets not fight. But yes Though this is my first time feasting I am growing impatient with this. I have 30 masquing and want to trade in.

I think you can rest assured that nobody has forgotten to flip the switch. You’re not suffering by not being able to trade in Masquing, so relax! Enjoy some of the other Feast options while you wait. All will be well and all manner etc. etc.

Also, &quotlet’s not fight?&quot What on earth kind of talk is that on an internet forum? For shame.

Well, a lot of Masquing points are going to waste right now, as the cards are still very nice to play but are definitely capped out, so I think the frustration is understandable.

Who says they’re going to waste? For all we know, the Lilac and Encounter cards will be available for just as long as they were last year, and it’s simply the case that they are showing up a bit later.

Even if they are available for a shorter period I honestly doubt that anybody is going to run out of time to gather enough Masquing to swap for the companions that they want, given how frequent the cards are. In the meantime there are many options on the Feast cards that offer very good Echo rewards.

Well, that would depend on how many times you’ve done this before. If you’ve already gotten all the companions from the feast that you’re likely to want, then I agree that Lilac can take her time.

If you haven’t done this before, and you want more than two or three companions, then the masquing that is being lost to the cap would have been useful. Players will either have to make it up with gifts, at 10 echoes a pop, or with fate. Flipping cards after Lilac shows to get the points could be nerve-wracking stuff, because you never know if you’re going to run out of time…

Plus I’ve got a couple of alts that are itching to go to zee.

While we are talking about the second stage of the feast, can you still give and get Masquing and do all these events when the lady comes? I can’t get fate until the coming Wednesday so I may only be able to get to 70 if so.

I got every non-fate companion last year without even trying. I had something like 20 Masquing left over - this without exchanging any gifts.

HOWEVER, you are correct that Masquing is going to waste because each point of it is equal to a Stolen Kiss, which is a nice 2.5 Echoes, so I am missing that cash. But the Dance option at the Pleasure Garden (considering the Puzzle Damask rare success) is probably equal to around 2 Echoes per action, so I’m not too concerned about the whole thing.

Kyle-stein, you could still earn Masquing while Lilac/Encounter at the Feast were around last year.

This was tweeted mere moments ago,

Relax.

The feast is progressing as scheduled.
edited by Red Herring on 12/8/2015
edited by Redd Herring on 1/8/2020

Excellent! And Millicent is offering a second tattoo, if you got one last year! I may actually feed a Noman next year, if I don’t have to give up my existing tattoo for it.

I can confirm that the &quotAn Encounter at the Feast&quot card is now in the deck as well, for those of you eager to get your hands on those delicious companions.

There’s a couple new faces this year, but I won’t spoil it for you.
edited by Red Herring on 12/8/2015

Hello there,

It’s my first participation to the feast and i’ve got this card, I understood that there’s a cap for masquing; is it 100? and can you tell me the duration of the feast last year? and when it could possibly end this year?
I’m late with my 20 masquing…

Have a good day & happy feast!

[quote=Darok]Hello there,

It’s my first participation to the feast and i’ve got this card, I understood that there’s a cap for masquing; is it 100? and can you tell me the duration of the feast last year? and when it could possibly end this year?

Have a good day & happy feast![/quote]

Greetings,

I’m not sure what you mean with ‘cap for masquing’? I don’t think it is generally capped, but have to admit I never tried personally to raise it to 111 or something…

The feast in all previous instances lasted around two weeks, until the end of february. No reason to believe it should be different this year.

Happy dancing!

[quote=Darok]Hello there,

Have a good day & happy feast![/quote]
The cap for most non-fate options to acquire masquing is around 30, though after checking the wiki, the nonfate gifts seem to cap at 25.

[quote=Qosmio911]
The cap for most non-fate options to acquire masquing is around 30, though after checking the wiki, the nonfate gifts seem to cap at 25.[/quote]
The wiki value hasn’t been updated this year; that’s the old values of last year. It’s expected to be 30.

Well, I misunderstood some points discussed above.
Thanks for your answers, I appreciate it.

[quote=Aximillio][quote=Qosmio911]
The cap for most non-fate options to acquire masquing is around 30, though after checking the wiki, the nonfate gifts seem to cap at 25.[/quote]
The wiki value hasn’t been updated this year; that’s the old values of last year. It’s expected to be 30.[/quote]

It is 30 for non fate gifts (or at least that’s what the card says)

Also the new Fungal Poetry gift costs an action to turn in, unlike the others, but that might be a bug.