Season of Animals conclusion

We’ve had a thread for each and every one of the Season conclusions, let’s not stop now… :D

1 Like

The story snippets were well-written and flavorful, while being vague enough to avoid providing any revelations. My opinion is that the Hell snippets are foreshadowing the future developments that will allow us access to the land west of London.

In terms of rewards,

I’ve received a Ray-Drenched Cider, but others have apparently received Tears of the Bazaar. My current theory on the cause of differences is that Tears of the Bazaar require letting the bat choose twice, but I am really not sure.

Does anyone have alternative explanations?

1 Like

[quote=menaulon]The story snippets were well-written and flavorful, while being vague enough to avoid providing any revelations. My opinion is that the Hell snippets are foreshadowing the future developments that will allow us access to the land west of London.

In terms of rewards,

I’ve received a Ray-Drenched Cider, but others have apparently received Tears of the Bazaar. My current theory on the cause of differences is that Tears of the Bazaar require letting the bat choose twice, but I am really not sure.

Does anyone have alternative explanations?[/quote]

Huh. You know, I chose myself twice and got the Cinder too. You may be onto something.

I know the game’s unlikely to implement this, but the thought occurs that if a Wings-of-Thunder Bat can fly all the way to the Elder Continent then a rider of Curator Veils might be able to make the trip too.

1 Like

I kind of thought that’s just how Hell is on a normal day. “A revolution is always in motion,” aside from the pun, implies a constant churn. I think we’ve seen this constant reshuffling referenced before… perhaps Five Minutes to Midday?

1 Like

[quote=Hattington]
I know the game’s unlikely to implement this, but the thought occurs that if a Wings-of-Thunder Bat can fly all the way to the Elder Continent then a rider of Curator Veils might be able to make the trip too.[/quote]

If I ever get the chance to complete Heart’s Desire and explore Bag a Legend, a big incentive me to pick Curator Veils over the other options is simply because of that. I want revenge against those Presbyterate agents after what they did to my last batling, which I had for a whopping 5 minutes before being dropped into a pit of darkness. Getting a bigger bat simply to show up the Presbyterate is tempting just for that petty reason.

One could also use Curator Veils to visit the Roof, so one could regularly visit the hybrid after its release to the wild in Light Fingers.

Anything the batling can do, Curator Veils will probably do better.

1 Like

I now wish I’d let the bat have its choice more. Damn my curiosity.

Loved the conclusion. I am really going to miss those.

1 Like

I got a cinder too! Fallen London I had the bat spy on the empress, the bazaar, the canal, and the starved men. I don’t remember which ones of those were its choice. The canal, I think?

1 Like

:bump:
Apologies for the above. Just wondering if anyone else got Tears of the Bazaar. I don’t think allowing the batling to decide was in itself what determined the outcome.

1 Like