Searing Enigmas

I have 5 of these things, but I’m not sure how. I checked the wiki, and didn’t buy them in Irem, didn’t get it in Nuncio, and pretty sure I didn’t get them in the Mangrove college. Where else might I have got them? I’m presuming it’s a random drop from something? maybe a pirate or zee-beast?
edited by SporksAreGoodForYou on 2/15/2015

There’s plenty of storylines that will confer an Enigma at some point. I don’t think pirates and zee-beasts can give you something like that.

Well, mount nomad can. But. That’s mount nomad.

I actually remember checking the wiki when I needed to get hold of one quickly and thinking “man, this page really doesn’t have all the information!”

I believe I got one from dropping the starter cook (from starting as a veteran) off in the Sea of Lilies, along with a bunch of other knowledge items. I KNOW there are lots of other ways, I can just never remember them. Is there still the way to get them from Salt Lions with Salt’s Attention?

[quote=Christian Nicholls]I actually remember checking the wiki when I needed to get hold of one quickly and thinking &quotman, this page really doesn’t have all the information!&quot

I believe I got one from dropping the starter cook (from starting as a veteran) off in the Sea of Lilies, along with a bunch of other knowledge items. I KNOW there are lots of other ways, I can just never remember them. Is there still the way to get them from Salt Lions with Salt’s Attention?[/quote]

Pretty sure that’s extraordinary implications now.

Yeah I had a feeling it had changed. That’s a pity, but I’d sort of expected it because I was getting Salt’s Attention relatively regularly and it seemed a bit easy.

Right? I’ve been trying to update the wiki as I go, but didn’t realise until just then just how many I had. I was doing the Memento Mori chain, and wanted to list where you could get searing enigmas, figured, oh I have loads, that won’t be a problem, and then bam. No idea where they came from.

And the cook doesn’t, sadly, although does give everything else (Zee-ztory, Tale of Terror, Memory of Distant Shores, Moves in the Great Game, Vision of the Surface, Supplies, Fuel, Strategic Information, Secret)

Little update - I found one as part of the memento mori quest chain. That chain is actually quite nice - apart from some dice, it basically gives you everything you need as you go along.

When it used to be Enigma’s in return for attention, it made the game too easy I found, very easy to wander up to wither, get the attention and then wander back for another thousand (and a hold full of sphinxstone while you’re at it), prefer it this way.

I’ve added a couple of things to the wiki but at the moment my computer really needs upgrading and I quit my browser while I’m playing so I can’t really update as I go. I’m waiting on my student financial aid to be processed so I can use course related costs to get a computer that doesn’t freak out when I try to use Twitter and load a webpage at the same time. :P

And yeah, as nice as it was to have a reliable source of Searing Enigma, I think the change is better too.