Screen resolution

Hi everybody. I was thinking of buying the sunless sea game, but sadly my monitor only supports the 1024768 resolution. I know that the listed minimum requirement is a 1280768 res, but is there any way I can somehow make the game work without having to buy a new monitor?
edited by Everett on 2/4/2015

It’s possible if you were to downsample… Which is forcing your video card to output the higher resolution of 1280768 and then scale it down to your screens native resolution (Windows will cap at your monitors native resolution). Here’s a video about it: Improve Visual Quality by Running your Monitor at a Non-Native Resolution - YouTube
But, you’d probably be better off looking on craigslist for an older monitor. I’d bet you could easily find a 1280
768 (if not an even higher resolution) monitor for under 20 bucks…
Edit: And it looks like if you have an AMD card, you’re semi-boned (What video card do you have, actually?)
edited by GerbilSchooler on 2/4/2015

Hopefully someone comes on here with some good news like &quotYou can run it at that resolution, but…&quot However if that’s not the case, I think the two options I gave there are your only (And, I’ve never personally downsampled any resolution, so I don’t know if I could help you with much more than links)

Oh balls. Scratch that. My monitor is 1280*768, not 1284? Sorry.
edited by babelfishwars on 2/4/2015

What’s your native resolution(I guess what resolution do you normally run at, lol) and what resolution were you trying to run it at?

[quote=GerbilSchooler]Hopefully someone comes on here with some good news like &quotYou can run it at that resolution, but…&quot However if that’s not the case, I think the two options I gave there are your only (And, I’ve never personally downsampled any resolution, so I don’t know if I could help you with much more than links)
edited by GerbilSchooler on 2/4/2015[/quote]

My video card is an AMD Radeon R9 270x, 2gb. native resolution of my screen is 1024*768, and That’s the resolution I was aiming at.

I was thinking of getting a similar AMD video card as the one Everett has, and use it with my old AOC 9Glr 19&quot CRT screen (apparently it goes to 1600 x 1200). But you’re saying I’m &quotsemi-boned&quot if I try that with Sunless Sea? Would I have to run the computer in letterbox widescreen format all the time, just to avoid having to micromanage all the settings every time I want to play Sunless Sea?

(I’d watch that video you linked, but I’m afraid such taxing work would shut down my computer at this point. The PSU finally went down yesterday, and is drawing its last breaths. The computer shuts down when I try loading browsers with too many open tabs, and won’t even start unless I unplug my second harddrive. Now I’m in a rush to finally buy a modern but affordable computer that can run the games I backed on Kickstarter. I should not have procrastinated this long.)

edited by Gillsing on 2/5/2015

I had a similar problem recently I posted, I could swear it’s only been since the last Early Release update it changed, but the game DID have smaller resolutions. I emailed Failbetter about it and their response was basically “deal with it”. I did have it running in a *720 (Hate having my game window dominate my screen) but its since vanished as an option.