Scandal

Is there a way to reduce scandal?

Many. The easiest, of course, would be to simply end up in the tomb-colonies and reduce it from there, but that’s not particularly efficient. The Bazaar also sells a curative to reduce scandal, but that gets expensive after a while.

The “Pass the Cat” opportunity card is pretty common, so choosing “An elaborate strategy” every time keeps your scandal on a healthy level…

You can head to your lodgings and attend a church service. This has the added benefit of endearing you to the church, and perhaps you can call in some favors down the line (I was actually going to church for just that purpose a while back. Had to visit the bishop.

1 Like

If you can enter the Court, you could try going after the Butler. You’ll need a high Persuasive score though. 100 or so?

I attend many a church service and find doing good deeds on a quiet afternoon, and then staying quiet, does quite the trick as well (card).

Heading to the Tomb Colonies is a surprisingly good option - the cards available often grant other benefits as well as reducing scandal. Good deeds are worthwhile.

How about a fast to increase it? I find myself in the need of a certain Tomb feline.

Have the Repentant Forger paint you wearing nothing but a Modish Bonnet, Scarlet Stockings and a Brass Ring?

There are any number of ways at the Palace… I find myself going from the Palace to Church quite often…

~MF
A Lady with seeking tastes

Come to think of it, how many change points does the Repentant Forger give when he paints you?

Also, several actions in the Court can immediately haul one to the Tomb Colonies.

@Devoted_pupa: If you have a counterfeit head of John the Baptist, just kiss it. You’ll find yourself in the tomb-colonies faster than you can say &quotTheological Husbandry&quot.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

Oh, I just call up one of my super tight girl friends and we go about town pooh-poohing each other in public and this somehow manages to decrease the radical thoughts people have about us rather than punch them through the roof.

The best way is to get your Admired up to 15 and your Persuasive up to 40, head to your lodgings and just Laugh all your scandal away.

No, attending a church service doesn’t gain you favours, at least right now (although gaining favours: the church on a rare success could be cool)
Edit: Ooops, this is an OLD thread from the pre-favour system era

Look at this zombie-thread, it still wriggles!

5 Likes