Save game not working, possible zubmariner issue?

I’d never done editing of the SS files before so it wasn’t me who broke it originally, thank god.

Xaygon and I certainly had the same problem. I clicked the button for new stories and then in the game the “confirm” button disappeared when I tried to turn in hunting trophies a few times, and when I quit and reloaded it was broken.

Actualllly… come to think of it, doesn’t turning in hunting trophies give you 3 different curiosity items in return? That would be consistent with the 3 repeated entries in the save file. Perhaps whatever caused the confirm button to disappear was causing the entries for those 3 curiosity items (I think its Tales of Terror, Zee-Stories, and one I can’t remember) to get added to the save file twice.

I guess I could confirm that pretty easily but I don’t want to mess with the save now that I’ve got it working.

Fair enough. The standard for JSON says that it should be agnostic to white space in those kinds of places, but you never know about individual implementations.

[color=#3399CC]Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing up this issue, we’re happy to say we’ve now identified the cause and fixed it. That fix isn’t live yet, but will feature in the next update.

For your interests:

This is caused by players ‘Authenticating’ through the ‘Account Options’ panel while playing the game. Previously this option was locked and you could only do it from the Main Menu. But when we overhauled the UI the lock wasn’t carried through. Thankfully we’re able to fix save files that were effected by this issue. But we would ask that you avoid updating while playing until the fix is released to avoid causing issues in your save file.

Again thanks for highlighting this issue!

[/color]

Uh. Yeahhh, I did that. Authenticating.