Salt's Favor Exploit?

1: Kill a lifeberg for the Zee-story.
2: Take the zee-story in to the Whither for Salt’s Favor (or is it Salt’s Attention? either way…)
3: Go to the Salt Lions while &quotSomething Awaits You&quot and do the Salt’s Favor questline thing. Achieve a Searing Enigma. Buy Sphinxstone.
4: Back to london to drop off the Sphinxstone and Searing Enigma for 1,300 echoes (1,500 but -200 for buying the Sphinxstone in the first place.)
5: Rinse, Repeat, buy large ship, explore with ease.

I just started playing this as it went on sale on Steam the other day, I &quotdiscovered&quot this exploit / route / whatever on only my second character. I’m a little annoyed that it was so easy to find a route like this because it kind of turned the game into a field of daisies, when the difficulty is what drew me in at first.

Note that earning Salt’s Favour in Whither also requires spending a secret, and earning secrets requires exploration or a considerable number of side stories. However, I do agree that it feels a little too easy if the Salt Lions end up being close to London.

That’s true, but it doesn’t seem that hard to generate secrets honestly, and I’m not sure what else to use them on. I don’t want to commit to spending them on officers buffing my attributes since I’m unclear on if some officers will buff them by more than just +1, because if so I want to wait until I have access to them.

Grinding secrets is easy in early game, since every second thing you lay eyes upon gives you enough fragments for one, once the known underzee has been explored it becomes a real hassle.

Spending them on officers is a save bet, since it’s pretty much the whole purpouse and each and every one of them gives you &quotonly&quot +1 on the stat each time you give a secret to them up to 100, increasing them additionaly is done by equiptment, items, ships and officers stories.

I expect it depends on where the Salt Lions are in relation to Whither and London, for my current game it wouldn’t be an easy grind or one I really feel like exploiting.

Personally I use the god’s attention on the A Vista storylet as Salt gives +2 pages and mirrors and Storm +2 veils and iron. I would rather have the stat increase than the money, as it makes it easier to pass challenges and get a good reward.

[i]Dear Octopusapult,

My officers, crew, and I, would like to thank you for this great advice you gave us.
Our profits are skyrocketting. A new pacefull life of safe adventures and explorations awaits us.

Best regards from the Zeeside Mansion
May Salt’s Attention be with you

H.Lecter
October, 25th - 04h55 -[/i]

[quote=H.Lecter][i]Dear Octopusapult,

My officers, crew, and I, would like to thank you for this great advice you gave us.
Our profits are skyrocketting. A new pacefull life of safe adventures and explorations awaits us.

Best regards from the Zeeside Mansion
May Salt’s Attention be with you

H.Lecter
October, 25th - 04h55 -[/i][/quote]

No problem buddy. XD