Salt's Curse! Soothe my pain.

I angered the god of the horizon by shooting a white bat that had perched itself on the ship’s rigging. It was an easy trophy for my Veteran. I knew the curse would mean bad news at some point. I took it seriously, that is to say. But I had no idea what grief would come of it.

Upon returning to London from a long voyage I received the news. My lover and my child had died! My scion taken from me by Salt before I could bring back a single gift from the zee! This is actually distressing. I really want my Captain to have a scion but now I fear this is no longer possible. In the turmoil of his grief, my Veteran gave his soul to the Deviless and even proposed marriage to her! She had a good laugh about it. It cheered her up at least.

Please tell me this isn’t the end! Is a scion still a possibility? Just a simple yes or no will suffice. Don’t elaborate.

My Veteran may be soulless but he has to have a legacy. I paid good money for that house, damnit! Is there at least a sex scene with the Deviless? I mean, come on! I’m hurting here.

The dwelling is preserved by having an Ironclad Will, not by having a Scion. The house will be safe, but you’ll only get to pick one legacy option instead of two (which is the benefit of having a Scion).

In the meantime, if you’re feeling angry at the world, I recommend taking a trip to the surface to soothe your pains. Perhaps in Vienna you will find some suitably angry people to calm your conscience?

The above suggestion ends badly for everyone … except your subsequent captains.

edited by Zee! on 2/9/2015

You’ll still be able to pass on your house and heirlooms… but not, alas, to your Scion - just to one of the regular legacy options. Such is the way of the god of farewells.

(As for romancing the deviless… devil’s, er, fluids, are acidic. I’ll just leave you with that to contemplate.)
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 2/9/2015

Yes, I made sure to have a will. Well it’s settled then. My Captain is going to the surface. I don’t care if he lives or dies!
edited by Neather on 2/9/2015

That’s the spirit!*

• It is genuinely alarming that that is, indeed, the spirit.

Had the same problem a while back, my condolences, it’s a s*** when it first happens…

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]You’ll still be able to pass on your house and heirlooms… but not, alas, to your Scion - just to one of the regular legacy options. Such is the way of the god of farewells.

edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 2/9/2015[/quote]
Human females… .fluids… are acidic as well… probably not AS acidic as a Deviless’, though ;p

On the bright side, there’s nothing Salt can do to harm you now. After my thrice-cursed seventh captain lost everyone he loved ashore, Salt’s third curse just sat on him glowering for years.

He eventually commandeered a zeppelin and flew East to return Salt’s curse with interest.

edited by Olorin on 2/12/2015