Salon Guest: Captivating Princess

Has anyone done this? I know we can’t share details because it costs 1 Fate, but I wanted to hear the general thoughts of anyone who managed to make it happen. I’m considering grinding enough Scheme to invite her but I wanted to know if it’d really be worth it.

It gives a ton of Making Waves, enough that you’ll almost certainly be able to increase your Notability afterwards.

Honestly, though, I can just host the Presbyterate Diplomat a couple times and that usually gives enough anyway (and I’ve already got 11 Notability). Does it give anything else of note, like profitable or unique items, or lots of interesting text?

It gives enough MW for ANY level of Notability, and it also drops your salon to ~4. Use it wisely.
It is also an interesting and well written piece of text (I have it echoed somewhere), but don’t expect major plot reveals or anything.

[quote=Danko]It gives enough MW for ANY level of Notability, and it also drops your salon to ~4. Use it wisely.
It is also an interesting and well written piece of text (I have it echoed somewhere), but don’t expect major plot reveals or anything.
[/quote]
I could be wrong, but I believe it doesn’t set your Scheme to 4, just uses x amount of change points. You could carefully measure what change points you had before you did it and then after, just to see how many if you wanted! You could do the same with MW. IIRC, from the figures I’ve been told the MW cp gain per scheme used ratio is about the same as the other options (save for Lettice, who averages about 50% than anything else, ratio wise).

I (finally) just managed to invite the Captivating Princess - a fine accomplishment which I wholeheartedly endorse.

It is incidentally the first appearance I’ve seen in Fallen London of a certain Sunless Sea character.

And it had a hidden Dawn Machine reference of all things. Thank you very much. I think this appeared long before Sunless Sea.

It actually appeared (along with a few other things that obliquely reference it) the same month the kickstarter launched. Might have been a bit before, but it was very close by.