Ruthless gain?

Hello friends! My ruthless is 10, and I want to get it to 12, but I can’t find anything that’ll increase it higher, does anyone have any suggestions?

There was an earlier thread on just this topic, link below:

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9915-becoming-more-ruthless.aspx

My favorite method is to saunter in the Clay Quarters through Ladybones Road and purchase Strong-backed Labour (intext: Indentured Claymen). It’s expensive, about 10 Echoes worth of supplies I believe, but you might need the Labour later and you don’t have to go very far out of your way. This method lowers Magnanimous however, if that is of concern to you.

I would need to check to see how far it would increase your Ruthless though.

Edit: Darn, only up to 9 unfortunately :(

edited by Owen Wulf on 1/20/2015

According to the wiki, you can get to 11 via the Implausible Penance Card (choose “Arson and avarice” and then “Burn it down” or “Drown an informant” and then “Drown her beneath oily grey waters”, both use 55 cp of Connected:Criminals). None of the other options are noted to go beyond that (of course some of them lack the description of how high they go).

If it says ‘goes to 11’ that probably means it’s outdated from before the recent overhaul, and it only goes to 10 now.

Can you increase your ruthless past 10 through the soul trade? I know you can get magnanimous past 10 through the CVR side.

(Or would that be heartless? …and what IS the difference between ruthless and heartless, really?)
edited by WormApotheote on 1/20/2015

[quote=WormApotheote]If it says ‘goes to 11’ that probably means it’s outdated from before the recent overhaul, and it only goes to 10 now.

Can you increase your ruthless past 10 through the soul trade? I know you can get magnanimous past 10 through the CVR side.

(Or would that be heartless? …and what IS the difference between ruthless and heartless, really?)
edited by WormApotheote on 1/20/2015[/quote]

It’s Heartless that increases. And the difference is that Ruthless is more about taking from people, hurting them to gain what you want. Heartless is you don’t care if others are hurt. E.g. The difference between robbing someone, and letting someone be robbed when you could easily stop it.

[quote=WormApotheote]…and what IS the difference between ruthless and heartless, really?)[/quote]Ruthless is for doing whatever it takes, and Heartless is for not caring about the consequences for others. I suppose the main difference is that Ruthless is active, whereas Heartless is passive.